Gossiper - Plugin to say what is happening when you are looking it

Hello, all

I send a pull request for mod-plugin-builder,

i.e., I send a request to add this pedal into beta library. I’m not sure with more steps are required for it and its brother tetr4-switch been into beta category.

7 Likes

hi @SrMouraSilva … is there any progress towards getting these into the plugin store?

1 Like

that would be more up to me now, will pay attention to some open PRs after some more neural model related stuff is handled

7 Likes

Hi all,
if there is anyone interested in to test this plugin, there is the compiled for mod dwarf

https://github.com/SrMouraSilva/plugins-lv2/raw/master/binaries/dwarf/gossiper.lv2.tar.gz

Remember to check the configuration steps, or else gossiper will no gossip

Edit: This plugin ia now available on Mod Beta Plugin Store

6 Likes

Hi, I did to try to install your gossiper.lv2 and tetr4-switch.lv2 folders in my Dwarf, unfortunately I get the message “Error adding effect” when I drag them on the PB…

I am sorry about it.

The compiled version that is present on the GitHub actually isn’t the version that I am using over my Dwarf. I don’t know, maybe the docker build image that I used to compile changed something :thinking:.

My Dwarf has some problem that I can’t connect it with my laptop over USB and the Bluetooth is also quite unstable too, so I can’t check the compiled version. But, I made a backup of the plugins and I will share with you tomorrow.

Just a question, is your dwarf using a version 1.13? The popup API needs it.

@zwabo, could you please test with this version?
~~pedal-pi-plugins.tar.gz - Google Drive

Edit: This plugin ia now available on Mod Beta Plugin Store

Thanks, but unfortunately same error when dragging on the PB…

Just a note. Both files has the same number version. I don’t know if after sending the new file to your device it is necessary to restart it.

Could you please confirm me that your dwarf is on the version 1.13? The popup API needs it.

I tried this.
Is it possible to change the content of the popup that appears?
I always see Footswitch n.

I can’t change it by rewriting the label.

2 Likes

It’s ok now, I did a re-install and it works . Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for testing it.

No, isn’t possible because I didn’t implemented this functionality :sweat_smile:.

I would like to, but I need a source code of a plugin that has something similar to I learn how to do it.

1 Like

Plugin has been pushed to beta just now!

8 Likes

This plugin is killer !!!

I have a few requests though :

• could a footswitch trigger be triggered by a physical footswitch AND by another trigger inside the plugin ? (and this other internal trigger footswitch 1 could be assigned with midi)
    So, in this case, the physical footswith would change state as usual AND with midi ?
  • if you find a way to change the popup message, would it be possible to assign a midi expression pedal to the Pot 1 and then showing the value of this pot changing in a popup ?
    (as I asked here Expression pedal : showing percentage on the screen)

I don’t know any plugin doing this but the Looperlative LP3s. If not giving the source code for this maybe @looperlative could help with this ?
(changing the text of a popup message)

3 Likes

I’ve been from about 81% to about 72% CPU usage with your plugin, replacing 17 Control to CV plugins !!! Amazing !!! Thanks a lot !!! :pray: :clap:

From there

To there

8 Likes

wow… beautiful!

i’ve gotta study this board, and look at Gossiper some more - this seems to imply that it serves more than just a notification or visual feedback function?

3 Likes

I’ll make a post on this tread when I can :

(Not sure I’ll be as precise and clear as @SrMouraSilva !!!)

2 Likes

hey @SrMouraSilva I just tried the Gossiper and it seems quite handy indeed.
It would be indeed super cool if you could edit the text of the popup as @fxsimone suggested (and this may be the first time that I interact in this forum 100% as a MOD user only :sweat_smile:). It would be awesome instead of reading there the number of the footswitch (for example), if we could write the text. My goal here would be to write the name of the effect that I’m turning on/off so more than knowing the state of the MIDI footswitch I would know also what I assigned it.

4 Likes

Hello, @Rom.

Thanks for your feedback

I am sorry, I am quite confusing because there is more than a year that I implemented it, but if you assign the midi expression for Pot 1, the behavior isn’t that you are expecting?

There is the source line of code that is responsible for defining the text value for Pot’s

You say there would be more than one parameter assignable for the same CV? So I suppose yes if I duplicate the “Footswitch” parameter.

Now if you are requesting to receive a specific Midi message from an Midi input, this would be great, but I don’t know how to develop using midi.

Wow! This is a pedalboard with a lot of advanced techniques. I’ll waiting for the description!

I have the same goal! I just don’t know yet how to do it :sweat_smile:. A help for looperative or someone else from community would be great

4 Likes

you need to have atom ports with patch:Message type, then declare a few patch:writable properties of type atom:String.
basically the same way plugins deal with files, but instead of path type it is string type.

see LV2 Parameters as Strings - #3 by falkTX for a few links

7 Likes