Dwarf reboot

Hi, do you have an idea already how long it will take to process the indiegogo special plugins perk vouchers?
I still have some open amount from the latest commitment, but the most wanted plugins for me are actually part of the igg perk (e.g. LP3 looper, Veja Titan), so I have already purchased them once…

2 Likes

The vouchers related with the 150€ should be out a few days after you order the device maximum. We process them in a bulk, so if you happen to be the first from some window and we have problems with follow up shipments like @friedsilence explained that we are having now, this can end up taking a couple of weeks. Feel free to ping me if it takes longer.
The new version of the old tier vouchers should take us a bit longer, so the special offers. This is still quite a time consuming manual process both for me and @falkTX and we are prioritizing a system that makes it a bit more streamlined and allow the licenses to be processed soon after the device is shipped.
At this point this requires me to merge quite a lot of information so we also fix things on the missing people (we know some are waiting for a few month on this, and I’m really sorry for that). But as soon as that is done, things hopefully will move faster.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
I understand it takes a lot of manual work from you, so it will take some time.
I have already received the 150€ voucher codes (and have used the first one).

I’m thinking of buying LP3 licence now but to be honest, I don’t really feel like spending money for that licence twice, as I’ve already paid for this (and some more very good) plugins with the Indiegogo pledge (“Premium Plugins Pack”).
It’s a bit annoying since a lot of the online Pedalboards use one or more of these plugins, so most of the good ones are in Trial mode for now although I’ve already bought these in July 2020.

That’s why I’m asking how much waiting time I should calculate.
I’m very happy to finally have my Dwarf shipped to me, but now I’m getting even more impatient to get ALL the functionality… :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @friedsilence for the update. Keep up the good work.

Glad to hear you have another team member back in the office, hope that eases things for you – and @jon specifically.

Also nice to hear about the Reverb special, is it already on? I did a search and only found used units for sale. Maybe Perfect Circuit would again wish to sell MOD units?

(@dreamer, did you not receive the communication from Gianfranco regarding sales and the upcoming meeting for investors? There you’ll find more detailed info about sales.)

4 Likes

I wanted to say thank you to the team - I noticed that the plugins I bought a few years ago for my Duo were listed as “Purchased” in the store on my Dwarf. I appreciate you transferring the licenses over so I can continue enjoying them without needing to use any of the voucher credit.

4 Likes

The reverb special is not with Reverb.com (like in 2021) but about the effect type @QuestionMarc. We are creating plugins, factory pedalboards, documentation and promotion to show what MOD can do in terms of reverb.

Promo is not launched yet, but we are close. Here’s also an option to participate in a video:

4 Likes

Gotcha!! My bad! :flushed:

A Reverb.com shop could be a good venue for new units, although their fees just increased very badly.

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused about what plugins I should have available from being part of the original Kickstarter campaign (Tier 3 in the '21 survey, don’t remember details).
From the emails I have, I should be seeing “Guitarix Cream Machine, Shiroverb mkII Reverb, Shiro Gaffa Tape Delay, Mesa Boogie Cabsim, Looperlative two-track advanced looper…”
All of these are appearing as “TRIAL” (well, the ones I can find - LP3 is called basic, not sure if it’s the same - would really like to have this but don’t want to spend vouchers on it if it should be free!)
Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find anywhere in the UI where I can associate my device with my email (or is there a MOD account I need to register somewhere, all I have is a login for this forum?).
Let me know if it’s better to create a new thread for this, not sure if it’s specific to the founder devices or not - if there’s a sticky related to this let me know!

2 Likes

You are not doing anything wrong, for now the process to give this licenses is still manual so it goes very slowly. To make it more convenient to everyone else, we are in the process of semi-automating this task, which delays the giving out of the KS plugins but once things are set up on our side everyone will get their licenses all at once.
If there is no news about this in 2 weeks, feel free to personally ping me.

5 Likes

Ah, I see, thanks! So how long are we talking, days, weeks? Just so I have done idea of when to get back on touch?

1 Like

ah sorry! I meant to write on my reply “in 2 weeks” but totally forgot.

4 Likes

Those founders edition units are the ones who paid the extra 150 or do you mean the rest of them?
If it’s the first, When is expected to be fullfilling the rest of Kickstarter orders?

Thank you

1 Like

I can jump here and give a hand to @friedsilence :wink:
The plan for now is that all the missing backers get a Founders Edition (unless the request is the opposite) regardless of the 150€ opt in.

Regarding this question, the Founders Edition is not much important here. At this point in time we can’t yet foreseen when the units for backers that don’t opt in for this deal will be fulfilled. Truly we can’t even point if they will, although that is our goal.
In short, the “safest” option is opting in the deal (those units are shipped immediately upon payment), but we totally understand and respect if you can’t or don’t want to do it.

2 Likes

Hi @jon,

I’m not sure if I understood you correctly. Does it mean that even though you’re planning to send all the missing backers’ Dwarfs, it is not guaranteed that the backers who did not opt in will get one? In that case, is it possible for someone who opted-out before to opt-in now (and if so, how)?

Thanks

1 Like

hi @edwillys

You can opt in at any time. Do you still have the link to the form?

1 Like

Sorry if you understood this from my words, that was not what I was trying to say, although I understand how you got there.

You are somehow pointing out the two extremes. While the reality is in between.
What I was trying to point out is that with the payment the units will be shipped in a matter of days (maximum). Without it, we cant be precise when it will happen and it all depends on the evolution of the financial situation of the company.
This means: for backers that don’t opt in for the deal, normal retail orders need to take priority and those need to reach a scale big enough to cover up the extra costs that we faced for backers’ units.
This may happen even with time, by the accumulation of orders, or by order volume. For example: if now we get a lot of dealers/distributors or direct sales orders or if a few distributors/dealers place orders of hundreds of units (please don’t take the numbers literally because this is information that I’m not aware of…I’m just giving an example)

2 Likes

And here is the problem with your expectation. There is no way for MOD to guarantee any such delivery, so this is why they don’t make any such predictions.
At least now it’s very clear that “if you go for the plugin-voucher option, we can guarantee to ship a unit immediately”. Anything else would be pure speculation, which imo would be even worse and much less clear.

5 Likes

Is it the same form as the original one? If yes, then I can find it.

2 Likes

I don’t know any other pedal that receives constant updates that add new functionalities. The whole point of the MOD devices is that they mostly rely on software. The later you receive yours, the better the OS. It also means more plugins, some of them improving the general use of the pedal, like the brand new Auto Input and Output Selectors.

So you don’t have to worry about the Dwarf being obsolete. The only thing that matters is that the company is healthy enough to end up shipping your unit.

6 Likes

Not quite true.

The harware will eventualy become obsolete.

Focus and plugin development - and resource requirements - will inevitabily move to newer and more powerful devices.

Even now the Duo, the only Mod device I phisically have, is only capable of running a (low spectrum) subset of all the available plugins before running out of resources.

It will happen with the Dwarf, too.

1 Like