Dwarf reboot

I believe that there’s nothing yet on that topic, so feel free to create one and drop the suggestions there. They are more than welcome.

I believe that on these last shipments there weren’t a lot of those left. You can send me a DM with a picture and I will confirm to you if it’s one of the latest ones.
Please note that even with a new one it’s not 100% sure that your setup has no ground loops or something noise issues that end up being boiled on the Dwarf (or any other piece of gear) - just a sort of general heads up

3 Likes

I could try to help you here, but maybe if @jesse drops by here he will give you a clearer answer. After all he is “the guy of the pedalboards” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The remaining Founders Edition Dwarfs from last weeks voucher sale have all been shipped.

I just made another 22 available for checkout. Cannot send mails right now, but they will come next week along with more units.

7 Likes

Is there any telling when I might receive my OG Founder’s edition? I’m in Toronto, Canada.

I don’t see anywhere on the MOD website where I can log in and confirm my account and shipping details.

…AlthoughI just checked my Indiegogo receipt and the address is correct there.

1 Like

hi @Helmanfrow! i’m in toronto as well… i opted for a black, Crowdfunding Edition Dwarf - but still in the current sprint of various voucher-offer Dwarves, so perhaps my experience is relevant! :wink:

i placed my order on December 19. on December 27, UPS attempted delivery; i was not at home and the driver left a notice about import fees and HST owing. i paid that online, and received the unit on December 28. pretty impressive delivery service from germany, i think!

cheers… hope your experience ends up similar!

…have you received a shipment notice from MOD? …i did, one day after ordering; it included a UPS tracking number.

…or, might i have misinterpreted your post? are you not participating in the voucher offer? if that’s the case, you’ll have to ask MOD about it!

3 Likes

I had an idea for a way to keep everyone in the loop about the production of the Dwarf. How about creating a live graph that shows the current status of the production process (including the ones for the 150euros opt and the others) and put it in the website or in the forum? This way, everyone can see exactly where we are in the process and can get a better idea of when to expect their pedalboard to be shipped out.

I know that a lot of people have been asking for updates in the forum, and this would be a great way to provide that information to everyone in real-time. It would also help to reduce the number of questions and requests for updates, which would allow the team to focus on the actual production of the pedalboards.

I think this would be a really useful and transparent way to keep everyone informed about the progress of the pedalboard production. What do you all think?

2 Likes

For those of us who opted for €150 in discount codes, how do we apply the codes? I was able to buy Looperlative a last week with a code, but I just tried to buy the Gaffa delay and I’m not seeing a place to enter the discount code now:

1 Like

I’m having same issue. I bought a plug-in last week and unable to for last 3 days. I am seeing the same screen. There’s nowhere to apply codes

1 Like

Hey, Plutek,

No, I’m not involved in the voucher offer, just in the Founders edition.

I thought participation in the crowdfunding campaign constituted my order.
Do I still have to place another, separate order? Where was this communicated?
So confused… :slightly_frowning_face:

If you don’t mind my asking, how much did you have to remit to Justin & co?

1 Like

Hello @Helmanfrow, sorry if you are getting confused with the process.
The need for extra payment in order to have your Dwarf shipped now was communicated in our last crowdfunding update. On Kickstarter, you can find it here.

@daniel and @Nhark don’t you get the filed after inputting your billing data and proceeding to the payment section?

1 Like

After I fill out my address it says continue to payment and there’s no spot to put in discount code (voucher) like there was for my first purchase. I’ve also tried this on chrome with same result. This is on payment screen after entering billing info

2 Likes

hi @Helmanfrow !

like @jon says, the €150 voucher offer was a way to secure fulfillment of your Dwarf as early as possible (from the first assembly run after the company reboot). don’t worry; your crowdfunding order is still in place, and will be filled as the company is able, after this initial “sprint”! …this was a way of getting Dwarves out quickly to folks who were eager, while helping the company to accumulate some working cash. besides the Kickstarter update, i received an email on September 24, 2022 from @gianfranco explaining the whole process – i believe that email went out to all crowdfunding backers, so you should have seen that as well. :man_shrugging:

anyways, to answer your other question, these were my import charges:

HST on the device itself: CAD 28.25
UPS Brokerage fee: CAD10.00
HST on Brokerage: CAD1.30

…hope that all helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, I found the email. It seems I read it and forgot the details.
My apologies.

Do you have any sense of when I can expect the unit?

1 Like

Thanks, I’m relieved to know that it’s only forty dollars. I was afraid it’d be a lot more.

Yeah, like I told Jon, above, I saw the email but the content somehow eluded my long-term memory.

3 Likes

Likely is Shopify not showing the field due to an issue that we had with the vouchers setup.
I shared more info here: Voucher issue - #6 by jon

2 Likes

We are continuing this week with Founders Edition for all remaining opt-ins we have from the surveys.

Last week we shipped only a few as we ran out of packaging, but the refill comes tomorrow. It was actually confirmed for 4 weeks ago, but the supplier could not finish before their holidays break. Also we now have our QC and fulfillment assistant back from longer sickness, so more capacity here plus more time left for @jon to support and inform you.

@danimourinho showing a live graph about progress is tricky, you need to consider the BOM tree with various suppliers who organize their work at their sole discretion. I would love to have real time info from all of them as well, but beside a few things like device registration and shipment tracking (very misleading sometimes also), I only get it when actually calling suppliers, forwarders or customs authorities. Reporting all that including dependencies and uncertainties would be confusing for most externals and take time.

Anyways we are almost there, e-mails will go out over the course of this week. The stock backers see at the check-out is basically the real-time info for the consolidated last stage: Dwarfs which passed final QC and everything else including fulfillment personal in-place, minus the units already taken by other backers.

11 Likes

And how are things going with retail? Is there enough interest from vendors to fill their stock and sell the Dwarf on the market as well?

(for the stability of MOD it’s quite essential that this part of the business is healthy of course)

6 Likes

Good so far @dreamer, yet we rely on steady growth after the initial reboot phase, as planned.

We have successfully reactivated our channel in the EU and entered Japan with a new distributor deal. For both areas we have fulfilled initial orders. In the EU we are in most shelves again already. In the US it’s a bit more complicated, but we have important progress there too. A press release is in preparation with more details.

Moving forward we need sell-through to get refill orders or customer pull to convince new dealers to list us. Our reverb special shall drive that in Q1. I believe it’s as important, that the new Dwarf owners and the whole MOD Community is spreading the word or supporting videos.

6 Likes

Hi, do you have an idea already how long it will take to process the indiegogo special plugins perk vouchers?
I still have some open amount from the latest commitment, but the most wanted plugins for me are actually part of the igg perk (e.g. LP3 looper, Veja Titan), so I have already purchased them once…

2 Likes

The vouchers related with the 150€ should be out a few days after you order the device maximum. We process them in a bulk, so if you happen to be the first from some window and we have problems with follow up shipments like @friedsilence explained that we are having now, this can end up taking a couple of weeks. Feel free to ping me if it takes longer.
The new version of the old tier vouchers should take us a bit longer, so the special offers. This is still quite a time consuming manual process both for me and @falkTX and we are prioritizing a system that makes it a bit more streamlined and allow the licenses to be processed soon after the device is shipped.
At this point this requires me to merge quite a lot of information so we also fix things on the missing people (we know some are waiting for a few month on this, and I’m really sorry for that). But as soon as that is done, things hopefully will move faster.

2 Likes