Dwarf reboot

Thanks for the clarification, I’ll wait payiently till next week then. Happy holiday season !

3 Likes

I got mine just in time for the holiday week. It will be a few days until I can really spend some time with the it.

Glad to be part of this group of founders units.

Best to all for the holidays.

11 Likes

Not sure how that loose screw got inside my unit … but it gave a good excuse for the clickbait title :smiley:

4 Likes

sorry for the silly question.
It’s about coupons.
Should the single coupon be used only once for the total, or can it be used multiple times until the total? sorry but not having the device yet I don’t know how to make purchases. thank you

2 Likes

So probably not a reason to worry but my Dwarf is gonna be here in a day or two……I haven’t received any vouchers on my email yet.

1 Like

It has truly been a rollercoaster ride of emotions! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is weird/ interesting. I would say almost 100% sure that this happens during shipment. It would be interesting to know why and if yours was the unique case. It doesn’t seem that your shipment box was badly carried. To kick off the detective work, where are you located?

1 Like

I received Dwarf yesterday… perfectly working … without loose screw/s inside!!!

The only thing to do is to download the “mod-rndis-driver-windows.zip” because my portable (Win10) and my desktop (Win 11) doesn’t recognize the device address (time out and no Ping response)

3 Likes

Netherlands. The package was absolutely fine and the rest of the unit as well. I could open up the Dwarf more to see if the screw came from inside the unit, but I don’t think there is any place it would come from.

There are these two empty holes on the pcb, should there be screws in them?
(it couldn’t have come out of these since the case would cover them)

1 Like

I saw the video and no, those screws are small ones from the other side of the board, 2 that help keep the SoM in place.

if you want to open the unit further, you need to “unscrew” the audio jacks (I am sure there is a proper technical term, but I dont know it now) and then the 6 screws on the back of the board.

2 Likes

There are 5. And I found it. It was the middle screw on the HMI board. Odd that it came completely loose like that.

5 Likes

My dwarf reached me one day before Christmas - my Christmas present from my younger self two years ago :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance yet to actually connect anything to the input or output ports - too many relatives around during Christmas, and although mybfather in law has a “music room”, that is currently being misused as a guest room so nothing available to plug the outputs into.

I did have a try with the web UI and “dry training” with using the footswitches and switching between control mode and navigation mode.
Great that I still have something to look forward to :wink:

BTW how do I get the licences for the plugins that were part of the Indiegogo Premium Plugins perk?
I think I remember that question being asked before but I don’t remember the answer…

6 Likes

I can relate. Mine has been stuck in Louisville as well. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

just got my Crowdfunding Edition Dwarf! woohoo! :partying_face: …looks and feels great!

so far, just playing with some test tone generators, using the power supply as shipped and using balanced 1/4" connections to my MOTU 8pre-es interface, the sounds are very satisfying and the noise level is very low. excellent.

big thankyou to all the MOD folks for your fine work, and for your perseverance as well! also big thanks to this entire community for hanging in there and continuing to participate in this journey together!

cheers!
.pltk.

9 Likes

That’s not so far. Eventually, it was about to come out but it didn’t during the shipment from the factory to us and the QC. It did while “throwing” to the UPS piles or on the way. It shouldn’t be a big issue thou

1 Like

I feel this is a really healthy way to see things :sweat_smile:

Those should be processed later. Hopefully not be too long after the year starts.
We can just process those licenses when a device is shipped to the particular backers that got these extra perks so we have a device to associate with their pledge. This ads a bit of “latency” between both processes.

2 Likes

Hi @Helmanfrow

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks a lot for the effort. I already updated the content in the form.

If you like proof-reading we have a lot of use for it. Let me know if you want to help further :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got mine today, after a little bit of UPS delays! Looks beautiful. Very excited. I’ve got some “first impressions” and suggestions for Quick Start Guide improvements, which topic is best for posting those?
Also, how do I confirm that I have one of the ‘good’ power supplies (mentioned in the first post)- I am hearing a lot of cpu noise in the output and wanted to check that first before buying a replacement one.

3 Likes

Mine arrived at my address in France today (after also some terrible hide and seek with UPS). My daughter video called me for the unboxing. Can’t wait to lay my hands on it !!!

4 Likes

I received mine yesterday as well. Continuing the trend, this was after several days of phone calls to UPS to assure them that I did indeed want my package delivered.

I tried out some of the factory pedalboards last night. I hadn’t used my Duo in a couple years, boy was it nice to hear the SHIRO shimmers again - heavenly! With the addition of audio and MIDI file handling, recording, IR support, new amps, and a first-class looper, I’m optimistic that the Dwarf can be the creative workstation and “band in a box” that I’ve been hoping for.

Is there a list available, or can someone provide a breakdown of what the factory pedalboard prefixes stand for? I can guess that GRIG is “guitar rig” and BRIG is for “bass rig” and so on, but there were a few I wasn’t sure about.

I agree that the Quickstart could include a few more details like brief descriptions of the modes. Maybe including a list of links into the official docs could help so one could click through to easily learn more about how the modes work, how to access and map snapshots, etc. I also noticed that the included letter from Gianfranco has some several references to the old domain, though they do seem to redirect properly.

Thank you so much to the team for your perseverance and dedication! Thank you also to the community for believing and fulfilling the emergency fundraising.

12 Likes