SELLING -> Mod Duo X Limited Edition

@eggsperde I appreciate your kind comments. I agree that venting frustrations serves no purpose and apologise for doing that. I was harsh in my criticism, and as you say those missteps don’t have to be revived over and over.

I’m on my way out for good, but before that there are two things I want to say. First, while my posting in this thread was highly critical, many of my other interactions have been completely opposite to that. Here are a few:

1. Here’s my interaction with other forum folk when I introduced myself;
  2. I’m thanking @christosku here for his job with the Mod Watcher (which I don’t use at all);
  3. Here I’m advising a member on his intention of using MOD OS software only;
  4. Trying to ease the mind of an angry user and point to the dangers of publicly accusing Mod of fraud, while also praising MOD’s efforts to keep fulfilling crowdfunding units;
  5. I’m thanking @dreamer for more work with the Mod Watcher;
  6. Mind you, I’m here thanking @falkTX for his super effort sorting out a Duo X issue (not sure he took it lightly);
  7. Advising potential user @ira on how to set up his/her Mod;
  8. Advising member @spunktsch on sorting out potential business conflicts between his business and MOD, from a technical and non-judgmental standopoint. He agreed to that afterwards.

Sure, I was also critical in other instances, because I don’t think being critical is bad per se. But I agree with you that, without proposing solutions, criticism loses its value. I apologise for that too. I’m on my way out and don’t think I have much to offer.

Now, here’s the second thing: bad experiences are no excuse for bitterness, and bitterness of others is no grounds for condescension. I could tell you the whole blubbering story: being a foster child, being raped in the army and seeing my rapist be promoted, being asked to leave the army after that, losing most of my left eye sight in combat, having shards of metal in my left leg… I could go on but let’s stop here.

After I survived my shooting, lung damage meant I could no longer run competitively. I constantly joked about being a six-million dollar woman with metal parts here and there and my supportive friends told me I should just do comedy. And I did! I was a stand up act for years! And I assisted as a volunteer with both bereaved families and people with disabilities. So, in spite of my hardships (and I’m not comparing mine to others’), I did look at thinks positively and am capable of maintaining a “reasonably good mood”. You know little of me to state otherwise, and even here in the forum I have shown a positive attitude in other instances.

My final note: I’m leaving Canada today, where I visited a good friend and former Mod user who gave hundreds of hours of his time to this forum, always positive and balanced. However, one single time he was mildly critical of Mod, while also being positive and offering solutions. You know what happened? @gianfranco shot him dead. He decided to leave the community and, on his way out, got a punch in the gut from him again. So I guess criticism, even constructive, is not welcome at all in this forum. The ability of the management to absorb any kind of criticism is just nonexistent. So yes, I was harsh in my criticism. And the management was super harsh with my friend in a message that was later deleted (but I saw it back in Europe). It is my firm opinion that, much as I’d want Mod to succeed, its management is simply not capable of making that happen. Still, my wishes are for their success.

And for all of you here, I wish you luck and happiness with your Mod units.

Sincerely,
Alice.

(Not reading after this post, so if you want to reach me, please PM)

10 Likes