Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Alice here from UK but based in Italy.

I’ve been using the Duo X for 3 years now, mostly for electronica music. I also sing and play the bass. Glad to see other bass players here.

I’ve read the forum closely for years now, followed the tragic events of last August and was happy that Mod managed to turn around, but at the same time the state of affairs with the Duo X makes me really sad. I’ve been contemplating switching to a Dwarf but still feel like Mod should come through and make up for our investment in that product. So I decided to finally join the forum and make ourselves heard. In the past I connected to other Mod X users in northern Italy, some of whom were very knowledgeable and hardcore users, but that group is now reduced to only 3, myself included, down from 8 initially.

Thanks for accepting me.

8 Likes

Hi, Alice!

Welcome to the forum (officially), I’m glad to hear you have been following the Journey of MOD during this difficult time period. Knowledge is power.

I am also an MDX owner, and due to the same concerns you have, it got boxed back up and listed to sell.

I am 100% behind you on the MDX frustrations, but at this current time, MOD is stretched really thin for resources.

I believe that MOD will come back to the MDX once the dwarf helps them recover a bit, and the unit will continue to get the updated firmware for quite some time, but feature parity will lack for a while.

I am hoping that once MOD gets back into a healthy position, they will be able to focus on either creating a synth oriented MDX (rather than guitarist), or have a secondary team to focus the development more. Right now, our best shot is to “wait and see”, but you are not alone in your feelings about the MDX on this forum.

We will fight the good fight. In my personal situation, I installed the dwarf into my studio, and work with it as that is where the majority of the support will be focused for the near future; as well as the fact that the majority of MOD users will be dwarf users. The lack of CPU compared to the MDX is a limitation for sure, but I am at least able to share some of my boards with everyone now lol

That is not a solution for most people, as I already had both units before the situation with MOD occurred.

I appreciate you raising your voice about it, it will add weight to the other voices here.

Hope all is well with you, and yours!

4 Likes

Welcome, fellow bass player!

4 Likes

@miss_demeanor , welcome Alice from another bass player! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, Alice

It is nice and somehow unexpected how many people from italy here

As we say in Rome: “Dajee!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I recently went for the 150€ option and received my Dwarf yesterday.

I freaking love this thing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The UI on the pedal in control mode is so intuitive. The browser interface is great.
And it most definitely CHUGs! :metal::grin:

I already shared a very basic metal guitar pedalboard and I can imagine creating some more, because I feel, that the Metal guitar and bass players need some more to choose from in the online pedalboards. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks all for the warm welcome! <3

Elk_wrath I’ve watched several of your videos over the past months, really like your music. Never even tried operating a Strega (translates to Witch in Italian!) because it’s so intimidating.

Zavorra one of our “little club” members was from Rome, and he was good with Daaaaaiiiiii(s). All others are/were from northern Italy. One has a Dwarf, all others have/had Duo Xs.

malfunction54 What is that bass you’re playing in the Funk video? Looks super cool.

Smanth Thanks for the welcome. My family has a long roster of NHS nurses, past and present. All currently overworked, underpaid and overstressed…

I’m here to talk shop with all members. I’ve been visiting the forum for a long time but deferred asking questions to some of my fellow users here. Now, since the group is down to just the three of us, I’ll be participating in the discussion. I have no intention of being a drag here but intend to push for a more decisive position from Mod Devices when it comes to the Duo X. Hope that doesn’t tick anyone off (gianfranco and friedsilence in special) but I believe our demands are fair and should be heard.

Thanks all.

(I had to remove all the quotes from my post due to some restriction for new members, sorry.)

9 Likes

Hi @miss_demeanor

Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here. And what a great moniker, btw :slight_smile:

As @Elk_wrath has stated, at the moment we lack the resources to be able to focus on two products and, due to a number of reasons, we opted to focus on the Dwarf. But we still support the Duo X to the best of our capacities. Is there something specific that you’d like to be addressed?

Not at all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey y’all, I was gonna come on here and ask a development question but I don’t have access. Could you help me out?

Or, if you prefer, the answer might be a one-liner: are plugins able to modify their own parameters?

1 Like

(When I say “I don’t have access”, I mean I don’t have the ability to post anything yet)

1 Like

Hi @Jesse_Hufstetler

You need to participate a bit before the forum system grants you trust to create posts.

LV2 specs do not allow that, but @falkTX might be the best person to respond.

1 Like

true… unless someone with slight powers raises your level manually! :wink:
…which i might have just done!.. :wink:

7 Likes

Hi there Everyone! I am new to the Aida-x forums and just finished a capture of my Peavey ValveKing VK100 head. so far pretty descent sound.

7 Likes

question how to post for models?

Hi @ReedDunn

We have a dedicated category for it: Model Sharing - MOD Audio Forum

Simply create a new post with the file attached and the relevant information regarding the capture (amp name, cab or no-cab, model weight, etc)

Looking forward to try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a 1998 Pedulla MVP-5. It has been my “forever” bass since 2002. I absolutely love it, but in my advancing age (ahem), it is beginning to cause some back strain.

Hi Gianfranco,

Thanks for the welcome.

Haha, thanks. But I confess it was not my idea… It came actually from another Duo X user who used to live in the area and had this super sharp and witty sense of humour. My day job is spotting fraud in financial trading, so he said I was detective Miss Demeanor. That guy was the most prolific Mod user of all, a pity he’s now gone.

I don’t want to clutter this Intro thread with that. I’ll wait until I can start them. In the meantime I’ll post comments to existing topics.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am new to the forum and a new owner of a mod dwarf.
I am a hobby guitarist and look forward to integrate the device into my one man band type rig including a Roland GR55 and a TC Helicon VL3.
Had to install a driver as per the trouble shooting instructions to access the GUI. Very clear instructions made this easy. Since I have been enjoying exploring the capabilities and sounds which are good so far.
At the moment I cannot upload any files to the file manager e.g. specific amps for Aida X or sound files but will keep looking at this and post a thread when I have permission.
Thanks to Mod Devices and the developers of the plug ins for such good work.
Cheers

6 Likes

Welcome @Colin !

1 Like

cool thanks!just upload my Peavey VK100 head! :smile:

2 Likes