New plugin: dm-SpaceEcho

Thanks a lot @DaveM for this wonderful plugin!! Really good work!!
I’ve also checked out your other repositories on GitHub, you have some incredibly good stuff there! Love your tubescreamer, ds1, rat and grain-delay pedals! Quite massive sound by using very few CPU load.

I also almost shared a pedalboard with it, but as I forget that the plugins are installed locally, the upload failes due to an error. Let’s see if I can host sound samples somewhere else.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s great to hear! I’m glad you like this one and others.

I”ll share the other plugins you mention on this forum soon too by the way.

2 Likes

Hello @DaveM! I just spent some time with the plugin in MODEP and I really like how flexible it is! I had been looking for a plugin that could do proper stereo analog-style delays on this platform, and this is the plugin that gets closest to what I want.

My only request is the implementation of a tap tempo button and adding the option to set the left and right delay times as tempo subdivisions. That would make this plugin even more useful!

3 Likes

It should be possible to do this already. Toggle the “Translate value to musical tempo” for “Time Left” and/or “Time Right”. Then time will be synced to the BPM.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 15.39.47.

And BPM itself can be modulated. See this topic about setting global bpm via footswitch tap tempo.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip on the "Translate value to musical tempo” toggle! However, as I mentioned in my previous post, I’m using MODEP. As such, I don’t have the option to set it to device. If I try assigning it to a MIDI CC, it doesn’t follow the tap behaviour and instead maps value 127 = 280 BPM. So while I understand you’re developing this plugin primarily for the hardware units, the inclusion of the tap tempo button would be great for users like me!

Ah, that’s a bummer! So if I understand correctly you can sync the time parameter to the bpm on Modep, but you can’t set the bpm via midi?

I see there has been a request to control bpm via midi already: Tap tempo via midi?. I would much rather see that feature be implemented instead of adding a workaround in this plugin. But if this is requested more often I’ll think about it of course.

1 Like

Ah, that’s a bummer! So if I understand correctly you can sync the time parameter to the bpm on Modep, but you can’t set the bpm via midi?

Yes indeed I can sync the time parameter to the BPM in MODEP. Technically I can set the BPM via MIDI, but it doesn’t follow the usual “tap tempo” behaviour. Say if you assign it to MIDI CC 9. As soon as you press the related switch on your controller and its value goes to 127, the tempo goes to 280 BPM, which is the max value. When the value drops backs to 0, the tempo becomes 120 BPM.

Thanks for this plugin !
Would you build it for the modduo X ?
I see you use cargo as a builder, did you build it with this tool for the dwarf?
Or did you create a makefile for the modbuilder? If you did create a makefile, care to share it? I can then use it to build your plugins for the mod duo x …

1 Like

I added a modduo and modduox build just now. Check out the latest release. It is indeed a makefile.

I’m curious to know if it works smoothly on a duo and duox. So please let me know.

5 Likes

Thanks ! my duo X is still in the rehearsal room, will test it defo next week !
Thanks for your time and trouble !!

2 Likes

is it available in the plugin store?

Unfortunately no. I hope it will be soon. For now you can only install it locally. Download the files via the link in the first post and follow the included instructions.

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question: but is there a way to install this plugin from a windows 11 pc?

Have you tried downloading the zip from Releases · davemollen/dm-SpaceEcho · GitHub and followed the instructions from there?

Hi Dave…I had already done this but sorry….I still do not understand. I asume that the procedure you describe is on a Linux machine? I have tried using Putty on pc and was able to connect to the Mod Dwarf but when I ran the copy procedure,I got an error on with the -rp command.

1 Like

Since you’re on Windows, you could use a graphical tool to perform the data copy, such as WinSPC.

winSCP

Is there a version for MOD desktop on windows?

1 Like

I’m sorry @kduck. No, I’m not planning on adding builds for Desktop. I don’t really know what’s needed for that. And I’d like to work on other things, like other plugins instead… If someone knows what’s required, please send me more details.

Who knows; when MOD reviews this for beta maybe they can see if it’s possible to get this to Desktop too.

3 Likes

Hello @DaveM! Not sure if this is the intended behaviour, but I am facing an issue. I had tried setting the tempo as described here:

It should be possible to do this already. Toggle the “Translate value to musical tempo” for “Time Left” and/or “Time Right”. Then time will be synced to the BPM.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 15.39.47.

Once I hit Save, the delay times update based on the division and the host tempo. However, if I change the host tempo, the delay times don’t seem to update automatically. I have to go to this menu again and hit Save again to make them follow the new host tempo.

Is there a way around this? I would love for the delay times to automatically sync with the host tempo as soon as it’s updated.

Thanks!

1 Like