Setting the global bpm via footswitch tap tempo?

I can’t find any documentation or explanation of how this can be achieved. How can I control the global bpm via tap tempo from a footswitch?

Thanks!

Hi @dylanious,

You can do this. Just open the tempo/transport menu (at the bottom of the screen) and assign the BPM to a footswitch. See the animation below

I’m working on some docs about this right now and we should have something about it in our wiki soon.

Hope it helps

Leo,

7 Likes

Awesome got it thank you!

1 Like

It seems like quite wasteful to have dedicate a whole footswitch to this, as typically it’s only necessary to set the tempo once per song at most. Please could there be a way to hide this feature behind some kind of activation mechanism, for example long-pressing or double-pressing a footswitch, or pressing two switches at the same time? Similarly to how many units hide their built-in tuner behind this kind of activation.

5 Likes

Question: setting the global tap to the DUO itself works great for the plugins that HAVE a tap tempo. But why not have that ability on EVERY time-based effect? Wouldn’t it make sense to have your delay AND chorus AND tremolo set to the tempo you’d like? Thanks!

Hi @Bruceboulie, sorry for the late reply on this.

Indeed it makes sense at least to have both options (or to have plugins of the same type of effect covering both scenarios). The reasons that justify this is simply the demand/necessity and prioritization to update these plugins. Also a lot of times these plugins were developed by external developers, so it also depends on their own priority to release new versions of the plugins.

In my web gui i dont’have bpm…
google chrome browser
Mod duo local…v1.13

1 Like

Schermata 2023-05-26 alle 02.43.17