[Solved] MOD DUO not connecting to web (browser) interface (Windows 10 64bit)

Oh yes. I even tested it with the super-expensive Elektron USB cables. :smiley:

Here it works with my 3 android tablet in bluetooth and a 7 years old bluetooth dongle, a 10 years old computer with I7 and W10, a 5 years old notebook with I7 and W10. It connect everytime, no issues. Sometimes it disconnect when I open many web browser pages…
So, am I a lucky guy?

Definitely!

It’s not just that I can’t reach the host, though. Even internally, communication doesn’t always seem to work properly:

This message is not from the browser. This is from the MDX web server, what seems to be Tornado.

This is another common mistake. Maybe a topic for support after all?

mailing support will likely end up with me writing something back to you anyway (via email instead of forum) so we can just keep the conversation here.
would be best to create separate topics next time though, as this one is already more than 4 years old…

anyway, as others have indicated here, this is not a common occurrence. so we need to go into steps to find out what is different/special about your unit and/or setup.

you are already running latest version, that is good.
so a few questions:

• do you have any external gear connected to the unit?
  • are the plugins up to date?
  • are you using any beta plugin?
  • what pedalboard do you have the unit loading by default (on boot)?
2 Likes
  • do you have any external gear connected to the unit?
    Most times nothing. Sometimes a Keystep 32. Sometimes CV generators like an LFO.

• are the plugins up to date?
    Yes

• are you using any beta plugin?
    No

• what pedalboard do you have the unit loading by default (on boot)?
    Always what I last edited.

Current:

The behavior is independent of the loaded board.

Incidentally, I also already had the problem that while I was dragging a plugin onto the board, the “Frontend” could no longer communicate with the “Backend”. Unfortunately I forgot the error message.

I have already opened a request (148) in the past because of another problem. Perhaps the information will also help.

But we don’t have to clarify this over Easter now. Everyone has the right to a few days off. :wink:

The problem solved itself. However, I can’t say what happened because I didn’t make any changes to the configuration or operating system or even installed any software (except Notepad++). Microsoft may have installed an update on the new PC yesterday which fixed the problem. I dont know. I haven’t had any problems since this morning.

And so far no more disconnections at all. So the MDX is fun again.

Thanks for your support.

4 Likes

I had a similar problem for a while on my Opensuse Desktop. After connecting the USB cable but I would not be able to connect to the Duo’s web interface. Solution was to run

dhclient usb0

and refresh the settings. Have to do that approx. every 10th time I connect the Duo, but I do not reckon that it is a problem on the Duo side. Glad you got yours working properly again!

1 Like

In addition to Notepad++, I also installed a USB WiFi network adapter. I forgot about that. Perhaps these connection problems are also related to the network settings. If all USB devices, except one, work, you think that the cause can only be this device. I’m sorry for that…

Thanks for the tip, @eggsperde. When I have the time, I’ll have a look at it on the other computers.

1 Like

Back again…

Unfortunately the problem is back. And this out of the blue while I was working on a new pedalboard.

Since then I haven’t had a connection to the MDX. Even restarting the PC or the MDX does not change anything. :frowning:

Also on other computers: no connection.

Any suggestions?

network-devices

does entering restore/update mode still work?

After reinstalling the latest release connection is possible.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Apparently I have my MOD forum day today …

I’m really embarrassed, but the problem is back.

The only difference is that this time reinstalling the current version of the MDX operating system does not correct the error.

This time out of the blue again while I was working on a pedal board.

I took the time and tried to figure out the problem. At least on the Windows side, everything seems to be fine.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1A-E0-E5-9E-74-A0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ecc6:d199:5bfd:c379%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.51.85 (Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, 30. April 2021 17:01:58
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, 1. Mai 2021 05:01:57
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.51.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 460232030
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-92-3C-A0-68-84-7E-7A-AD-38
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.51.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

The network is in place and working. I can also successfully ping the IP address 192.168.51.85.

But no connection is made on port 80. At first I thought it might be because of the name resolution. In addition, the internal web server may also need a host name. So I entered the host modduox.local in the hosts file.

mdx-ping

Unfortunately all unsuccessful. A connection via SSH as described in the Wiki cannot be established either. There were no changes on the part of the PC.

I am at a loss.

192.168.51.85 is your local machine IP assigned from the Duo, you need to use 192.168.51.1 to ping the device.

Haha… I stupid. Yes, you are right.

The connection via the IP instead of the name works. I am relieved…

Thank you!

It would still be interesting to know why the name resolution suddenly no longer works …

1 Like

good question, I dont know myself, but seen it happen before too.
Windows just doesnt seem to support this very well

Hi guys, i just got my mod duo x and when i talked to people who had it they said all they did to acces to the pedalboard editing part was to enter this"192.168.51.1" ip adress in the web browser but when i did it the website didnt load and at the end it sais that this connection it says that this conenction is not accessable. Can someone help me?

1 Like

Hi @double,

Can you tell us how you have the device connected to the computer? by usb cable or by bluetooth?

1 Like

hi thank you for the reply, i connected with the usb cable which i found in the box of mod duo x

1 Like

Try
http://modduox.local

2 Likes

it sais that we cannot access to this website

1 Like