List of feature requests (MOD Dwarf)

For “sub-scene” I mean a set of parameters that can be set to current scene by pressing a single footswitch.

Considering following base settings

Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)
Scene B: AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)
Scene C: AMP(vol=3db), CHORUS(-2db), TINYGAIN(4db)

sub-scene: CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

No matter what scene is currently selected, I’d like to apply sub-scene settings to current scene by pressing 1 footswitch.

So if current scene is A, selecting sub-scene will apply (and overwrite) following settings
Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select Scene B and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)

Then I choose to apply sub-scene and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select again Scene A and settings would be AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)

So sub-scene is a “temporary” set of parameters that sits on the side and is ready to be applied to current scene on the fly by pressing a single footswitch.

I suppose it would be “easier” to implement with currently available features by letting call a set of presets assigned to a single footswtich.

So I can have a user preset UP1 for plugin A, a user preset UP2 for plugin B, another user preset UP3 for plugin C and I want to load all of them via a single footswitch, no matter what’s the currently selected scene.

5 Likes

The only problem I see here is that with more than 2 channels you have to cycle through all of them to reach the needed one.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, what you want is the current snapshot feature with the added ability of switching to an arbitrary snapshot with a single switch press. Is that correct? (aside from the “morph” behavior you mentioned)

1 Like

Not exactly, I’d say a subset of scene settings because I want to change only a subset of current scene parameters. Switching to another scene would load ALL the parameters belonging to changed scene (which is not the wanted behavior).

2 Likes

Another example:

I have scene A (clean), scene B (crunch), scene C (heavy), all with delay, reverb and boost disabled. I want to have a sub-scene “LEAD” which enables delay, reverb and boost with 1 footswitch press, no matter which scene is currently selected. Sub-scene (or multiple user preset loading) would satisfy this scenario. Otherwise I have to duplicate scenes to have “LEAD capabilities” on each scene.

scene A (clean no lead)
scene A (clean lead)
scene B (crunch no lead)
scene B (crunch lead)
scene C (heavy no lead)
scene C (heavy lead)

A bit messy, isn’t it?

3 Likes

One more “nice to have”… sticky plugin (or sticky plugin preset) that doesn’t change parameters when the scene changes.

4 Likes

Yeah… That would be really nice but I think that this feature request deserves it’s own discussion topic.

4 Likes

Also, add a feature to put a bank/pedalboard/scene in readonly mode. This would avoid accidental changes that happen often to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @redcloud ,

thanks for this interesting feature request.

conoerning this:

I am sure I get your idea right in my head, but If you use these scenarios on a single pedalboard you could use pedalboard snapshots or do you want something else?

In my view it is just the matter of choosing the right preset and the method (via switches/one or two buttons/MIDI/encoder/you name it) you use for it.

In your case above would it be enough to set an encoder to the list of this 6 entries (choosing momentary default) but also to set a momentary toggle footswitch to “Move to next entry in the list”?

Greetings and God bless

3 Likes

Hello @redcloud

Nice idea. This should be saved into the current snapshot…by loading the current snapshot morph parameter x from whatever current value is to y in z amount of time.
Note this morphing would be executed on loading, so coming from another snapshot this would require some tweaking time. I could imagine it could get a bit weird if you use extreme settings.
I think instantly about acceleration and deceleration times on a rotary as an example.
But morphing delay time, tremolo, modulation effects and reverb might be interresting enogh, who knows.

You mean to set parameters as “safe” that cannot be overwritten while loading?
The “about to load” preset should then ignore the current setting.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

3 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

This looks as a workaround for this specific scenario while my proposal is kinda “general purpose”.
The idea is simple: when I press this switch apply all the wanted settings.

1 Like

This explains how morph works. We already have morph without transition time: the scenes!

5 Likes

Highlight currently loaded pedalboard (red header into pic) in pedalboards library

11 Likes

Press A + B + C for 10 seconds to reboot the device (or whatever standard combo across devices).

2 Likes

unplug - replug is much easier in my eyes :smiley:

1 Like

Yep but it might avoid unwanted clicks and pops. I’m thinking about same behavior of issuing the reboot command via ssh.

I’d say “a last chance before pulling the plug” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ah, ok… understood. Sorry for that but I am not comfortable with pressing multiple footswitches. I hate that feature to be honest, because I always somehow make it wrong. This is why I don’t even use a single fottswitch on the Dwarf any more. I only use midi for these “double foot-switch-pressing” functions.

3 Likes

@falkTX @brummer I see just a little issue… If I have files from _000.wav to _018.wav and I delete the first file _000.wav, when I record a new file I expect to get a new mod_session019.wav while it creates a new file starting from _000.wav instead.

This reduces usability since we loose the possibility to instantly spot the last recorded file. I think empty spots should be reused only if there’s a mod_session999.wav file (or at least give the possibility to choose the behavior).

4 Likes

Not sure but as I see since I’m here, it’s more easy to follow if there is only one single request per thread. But I did exactly like you when I got my Dwarf !

I think I’ve made the same request here : Scrolling title of a pedalboard when it's more than 15 caracters

Yes !!!

Nice too !!

I think here is something similar : Seeing all mapping, organize snapshots?

4 Likes