Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Thank you !

Thank you, gainstaging is difficult before a live, because it depends on environnemental conditions (crowd, noise, drums, ā€¦)

Hi, this is Ira from Canada. Guitar and (mostly) bass player. Iā€™m contemplating getting a used Mod from a local guy and there are a few questions I wanted to ask. I donā€™t wanna clutter this thread with those, so how can I start a new post?
Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey there, Ira.

Welcome to the forum.

There is a good chance that youā€™ll need to have your permissions upgraded to post threads, I am not 100% sure though.

On the main forum page, there should be a ā€œNew Topicā€ button in the upper right corner.

2 Likes

I have upgraded your user level, so you should be able to create a topic.

Best

1 Like

Great, thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: MorningStar MC6 pro and Mod Dwarf - how to configure

Hello !

Belgian here, been using the mod duo X limited edition for quite some time now.
As a keyboard player my needs are a bit different then most guitar players here.
Using it mostly to play samples, DISTRHO Cardinal (huge shoutout to FALKTX ! ) and the hammond setBfree + some effects applied to keyboard patches.

As a longtime lurker of these forums, I wanna create a thread on here about making my pedalboard with CC and MIDI.

12 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Carlos Galvez, Iā€™m a professional musican from Mexicoā€¦ My working field includes big shows, theater musicals, studio recordings, TV shows, musical arrangements, musical production, etc. Iā€™m watching the Mod Device work since the ā€œkick starter programā€ for ModDwarf, and recently I got my ModDwarfā€¦ IĀ“m very happy with this powerful device! It has bigger capacities than I thoughtā€¦

Very nice to be here guys!

If you search on Instagram you can find me as @carlosgalvez_

14 Likes

Hi @Carlos_Galvez Nice to see you in the forum! Nice also to see a professional here! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Hi Kim! Thanks for the welcome! IĀ“m glad to be here! :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

1 Like

Hi all, iā€™m Mikey. Iā€™m a traditionalist when it comes to tone. Iā€™ve made amps and pedals and love exploring gear. Iā€™ve tried many digital alternatives and never really felt at home. The closest Iā€™ve been recently are the blackstar dual drives. With the valve, feels real. Iā€™ve recently purchased the mod dwarf and have been impressed with the Aida X and NAM. Never really explored creating my own models. Trained a few NAM captures for Aida and found the colab notes a really easy process.

I applauded Mod audio for creating such an open pedal creation platform and though Iā€™ve only scratched the surface, feel that this is the future.

I look forward to emulating my current set up and rocking gigs with just my mod dwarf and Behringer midi board.

17 Likes

Hi All,
Iā€™m Anton. Iā€™m a Python developer (with some knowledge in SQL/C/C++). Currently working as developer in financial sector but previously was a part of AVID company as python/C developer and software architect.
I have experience in developing devices based on DSP processors (from AD), developing AAX plugins (for AVID ProTools), VST plugins (for myself).

Iā€™m also a professional bass player, collaborating with various bands/singers as a session musician.

Looking forward to using MOD Dwarf and developing new stuff for it.

15 Likes

Hi and welcome @Efremoff! Nice to see you here. Wow, your experience sounds good!

1 Like

Yay ā€¦ a techie and a bass player! Welcome to the world of MOD! x

2 Likes

Hi all!

IĀ“m Aleksi, violinist-musician from Finland. Iā€™m mainly playing as a classical musician (Lahti Symphony Orchestra, Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra and Finnish National Opera Orchestra) but also fanatic jazz-improvisation/world music/acoustic-electronic music lover. I play also in Finnish-klezmer ensemble called Sampo Lassila Narinkka. Really interested of blending self made effects on my own acoustical sound.
Iā€™m here to start really from the scratch with my brand new Mod Dwarf-pedal. I would love to learn to use it on my gigs fluently, so will little by little make own banks for different music types and start my journey with it.
Nice to meet you all!

15 Likes

Hey there Aleksi, welcome to the group. Iā€™m also an improvising violinist and have been using the mod this past year to build boards for my acoustic and semi acoustic Spur violins. Itā€™ll be great to share ideas over this format. Enjoy playing with the sounds!

4 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™m TJ in Canada. Been playing guitar about a year now. Decided to take the approach of learning completely by feel/ear after learning some cowboy chords. Now Iā€™m at the point of needing to learn some theory and setup some type of rig (as Iā€™ve been primarily just playing along to music unplugged). Just discovered Mod after researching AI DSP models. Installed the AIDA-X software VST/app on my computer. Loving the freebies I found! Need more!

6 Likes

Hola a todos, soy fran, de cadiz, reciente dueƱo de un mod duo, aunque es de segunda mano, esta nuevecito, me gusta hacer musica tipo mike olfield, jarre, kitaroā€¦
un saludo.

7 Likes

Hi there. Iā€™m an amateur musician and Iā€™ve been enjoying using the AIDA-X VST plugin so I joined this forum hoping to share some models Iā€™ve made for AIDA-X. However, I canā€™t make threads until i manage to work my way up this trust system thing on here. So i will try to figure it out as i go along.

5 Likes