Expression pedal update

I’m afraid I have sad news again: There won’t be MOD Expression pedals still this year.

The enclosure sets were finished just in time, but unfortunately not at all in quality:

Powder coating and aesthetic details like too visible studs are nowhere near the previous samples. Up to now we were impressed by the superior quality of the supplier, fit as well as finish. They are clearly not happy with it either and we discuss fixes. But it needs to be reworked or redone. It’s the design validation and we cannot lower the bar. The result must be a Golden Sample as reference for further production and for marketing photo shootings. I believe also the beta testers want a proper enclosure after waiting for so long.

The electronics I ordered against a “we try our best but cannot confirm” for a delivery until 14.12.23 and we don’t have it yet either. Anyhow the enclosure is now clearly the critical path. The supplier will be closing soon until 15.1.23. Being realistic, we end up in February with finishing these 20 units.

I’m very sorry about that! Promised we will keep moving as fast as lead times allow.

Let me finish on a (unrelated) positive note: There are some great plugins in the oven, so at least still something to look forward to for X-mas. To be released next week…

12 Likes

Thanks for the status update!

Just to clarify - the earliest you’ll have the next set of enclosures is Jan 15?

1 Like

unfortunately not @Dave_Parker. Jan 15 the factory of the supplier opens again, they have a pretty long annual closing.

1 Like

No worries!

But I am not your regular guitar playing MOD Dwarf enthusiast…

I play the saxophone and have been playing it for almost 40 years now. Some 25 years ago I started using DSP. For the first time in music history, you could get reasonable quality for a reasonable price.

I only started to look for the better quality of this time 2 years ago. Fiddling with Headrush Looperboard and alike. But they somehow could not convince me. I was always held back by the fact that for expanding I would have to use another AD/DA conversion going outside of any multi-effect box (anytime the supplier has not coincidentally added a new effect of my choice).

And then MOD came along.

I think I can wait another few months for this one!

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! Though indeed sad about the initial enclosures, I am hopeful for the first time in a while as they actually delivered enclosures to you and it sounds like a solution is already being discussed. Excited for the future of Mod Audio and to hopefully beta test this expression pedal with my Duo X and give feedback.

3 Likes

Put me on the list for beta testers also!!

2 Likes

Put me on the list for beta testers also!!

1 Like

@friedsilence please add my name to the list of beta testers
thnx!

2 Likes

Just so I understand it well, @BklynGeno, @Yan and @Thijs_van_severen what you are asking for is to be added to the list of people interested in buying a MOD Expression Pedal from the first batches?

2 Likes

I have already writed but Just to remember…
I’m also interested in buying a MOD Expression Pedal … first batches or second doesen’t matter, it’s a question of money (!!) only… Have you an idea of the cost?

2 Likes

Not really at this point. Wait for news from @friedsilence likely on that

2 Likes

Yes put me on the list to buy an expression pedal!! Thanks
Gene

3 Likes

Hi @jon
I’m one of the initial backers that ordered a DUO + an expression pedal, so i already payed for it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So you don’t need to worry or do anything :slightly_smiling_face:
Impressive or not, as far as I know we still have the database of people in your situation :wink:

3 Likes

Just like @Thijs_van_severen , I’m an initial supporter, too. I just want to get paid as soon as possible.

1 Like

Yes I want to buy an expression pedal when it becomes available.

2 Likes

Did the supplier get back to the factory as scheduled and have they been able to send you another enclosure sample?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Let me quickly quote the enclosure supplier @Dave_Parker: “Parts are reworked and now are in coating process. We hope to receive them for inspection within following days. I will get back to you next week.”

On the electronic side we have everything now and the PCBs went through SMT assembly meanwhile:

18 Likes

great to see progress, @friedsilence !! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just to clarify - the supplier is waiting for samples to inspect before they send them on to the mod team?

One more step forward!

Thanks for the update!

3 Likes