Expression pedal update

correct, the coating is done at a sub supplier of the enclosure manufacturer.

2 Likes

Wonderful news thank you for the update!

4 Likes

Another quick update:

The enclosure sets are now on their way from Latvia to us. The tops have been redone and were subject to extensive QC at the supplier already. Curios to inspect them early next week and assemble the first full DVT units.

On the electronic side everything went smooth so far, the PCBAs you see above have been tested. @Jan is working on adopting and optimizing the firmware for this revision. We switched to a more powerful MCU to have some headroom for a deeper control chain feature set and potentially also USB MIDI support.

An MVP firmware will be ready and alpha tested until all of these units are assembled going out to beta testers.

17 Likes

Excellent news! Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

Wow, this is exciting! I hope the usb midi is possible, this would be very useful in my case. I appreciate the update and hoping all goes well this round!

2 Likes

just a quick teaser… we are assembling more units before we call it a week. more details soon!

38 Likes

“Oh be still my beating heart!”

You realize what you’ve done don’t you? I won’t be able to sleep all weekend.

12 Likes

@friedsilence

This looks really really nice indeed.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

6 Likes

WOW!! Phenomenal work guys! Absolutely beyond excited this is happening. Thanks for sharing this teaser with us!

5 Likes

what is the forecast for shipping to kickstarters?

I am also interested in the expression pedal.

I am assuming that it can be used to replace both expression and sustain pedals?

I’m imagining a footswitch assigned to sustain/momentary on, and the foot pedal for expression?

I’m curious about it, as I want to reduce my hardware footprint a bit lol

3 Likes

the Expression has 3 actuators

• the foot lever
  • the external footswitch
  • the internal footswitch (under the pedal)

the footswitch near the display is not for controls, but to set pagination and such, similar to the left footswitch of the Dwarf.

5 Likes

Thats awesome!

So top switch near screen for pagination, bottom one is assignable, and a third hidden switch under the foot lever?

That could be immensely powerful for live jamming or recording. Right now I have 2 foot pedals but can only hook up to one synth at a time (with my current gear), would this allow me to connect through, and paginate midi channels to control multiple synths while recording?

For an example based on my personal needs: Channel 4 (Hydrasynth) is on one page with foot lever assigned to filter, and the switch under the lever for note sustain. Is it possible to use the pagination button to swap to channel 8 (DM12) and have the assigments change based on programmed CC messages?

I’m probably putting the cart before the horse right now, but I’m interested in how this will interface with MOD units.

Will there be a plugin developed to make assignments for the Expression pedal in the store, or will it be integrated into the GUI on the assignment page?

1 Like

in the assignment page, like the other controllers.

2 Likes

I think it’s a Control Chain device.

2 Likes

Exciting news! I’m gettin’ pumped!

1 Like

It is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heck yeah, that sounds great!

With the amount of midi plugins available, should be pretty easy to accomplish what I am envisioning.

Can’t wait to see one on someones board!

Holy crap I want to buy that, if there’s some list to put names on plz mark me down!

2 Likes

done :slight_smile:

2 Likes