Dwarf production updates wanted:)

Wow… this is the reason so many of us avoid forums. Seriously, if you have time to write all this crap to me, you had time to post a four sentence update once a month.

Ok, I’ve been labeled a troublemaker somehow, so… whatever. You clearly need the last word, and keep repeating yourself, so I’ll write this and never come back. Say more stuff about how crappy I am and know I’ll never read it. I was in patient support all this time, but these interactions have seriously soured me on the company. I don’t know why you are all so defensive and don’t want to allow anyone else to have an opinion or ask a question. I know the pandemic has been rough on us all, but please don’t assume we are all attacking you and ignorant. It erodes the very support you want and need.

If you write a long post be happy that it get answered - that is good service. I you do not want to “waste” the time of MOD people do not write long posts. I do not understand what you want.

6 Likes

You write this on a 468 posts thread!? CU

6 Likes

As a Duo owner, future Dwarf owner, and long-time forum contributor, I encourage you to stick to that. Your behavior here is out of line and not welcome.

You wrote this in a several hundred message thread where the MOD team has on numerous occasions responded to people’s specific questions about the status of their specific unit.

10 Likes

Without trying to write an essay in philosophy, I fail to understand how the person who wrote this

is the same person who was seriously offended when @falkTX said this:

I also fail to understand how this statement by @jon

prompts this response:

Also, it beats me to fathom why someone requesting more information complains that

but, when informed that

responds with

(I dropped out of Philosophy school, as you must have by now realised… I totally no compreendo.)

Questions and attitudes can be questionable from either side, but let’s look at some pesky facts. As of now:

a. Mod deliveries are delayed (check)
b. Mod issues official updates on their Indiegogo/Kickstarter pages (check)
c. People come here to ask about their specific devices, including mentioning their numbers (check)
d. Mod responds regularly to those inquiries, even with wholly generic answers (check)
e. Mod personnel directly involved in production and testing respond to messages regularly here (check)
f. Not all answers are fully welcome, and at times backers/supporters express their discontent (check)
g. An answer, even if late, is offered in almost every single case (kind of check, I can’t read through 468 posts);
h. Mod will issue a refund for those who no longer want to wait (check, I was told that in some other post that I cannot locate right now);

Therefore, MOD acknowledges the problems and even their faults

and is transparent on the status of shipments

All of that while also expressing understanding of people’s frustrations:

It is my personal opinion that MOD could possibly hire some full-time PR assistance and not have technical personnel be here answering questions at length. It might be something to be considered in the future. But this is just my opinion. I am not an “apologist” and I can see that some answers offered by the Mod team could potentially be taken in a negative light. At the same time, several badly overworked technical staff swamped all the way to their necks are coming here and repeatedly responding even to very personal requests.

Therefore, let’s all focus on what it the best positive outcome of all this: Mod being able to secure production and deliveries, and us users doing our part in furthering the Mod platform and vision. It’s a win-win.

18 Likes

Just a suggestion for impatient people like me : imagine the worst scenario. The MOD company could have not survived the Covid crisis and many backers would not receive their unit and loose their money, as warned when they chose to invest.

Luckily, they are still on wheels and hopefully, we’ll all get our Dwarves just later than we expected. Also, you can look at the retail price, which is higher than it was supposed to be when we invested. Personally, I was OK to spend 300€ in this device because it was open source which has a special meaning to me as a Linux user but I wouldn’t spend 500€ in a multi-effect pedal. So I still feel quite lucky even after so much time.

Finally, it’s cool to now that a little company that works in the niche market of open source devices, which is a commitment, is still alive despite this difficult time.

13 Likes

I chose the third tier because I assumed like everyone else I’d have it around now, which seemed fine. Then Covid started slowing things down again, right as my band started practicing again earlier than I anticipated. I looked at what was happening with omicron, saw the writing on the wall, and figured that things would be delayed even further. My honest assumption is that I might not see it til second quarter 2022.

So what did I do? I ordered a retail model from the Mod Reverb store. I figured it would get me started, give me something to use in practice for now, and also importantly would give Mod Devices a tiny bit more capital to work with while they valiantly try to get backer units out when their supply chain is collapsing. I figure we’re technically supporters, not customers—so it’s a way to keep supporting Mod Devices.

I realize that not everyone can afford to make the choice I made. Hell, I’m not sure that I can afford to make the choice I made. I’m selling other gear to compensate and when my backer does arrive, I can also sell whichever one I don’t want on the secondary market which will promote the Mod ecosystem even further.

And if I decide to keep both, my major gripe will be that the Mod devs haven’t set up a user account system that allows us to use our paid plugins on multiple devices owned by the same individual.

13 Likes

Dear Dwarf backers,

thank you all for your great patience, support and nice words. This is basically what keeps the whole team at MOD motivated to keep going despite an endless stream of challenges in 2021. Let me give you a final production update for this year.

We have now fulfilled the majority of tier 2, but unfortunately could not finish it. After impacts due to critical workers in quarantine, production was only able to run at full steam in the last two weeks. The factory and the MOD team pushed everything possible towards the end of the year.

Yesterday we shipped more devices than ever before on a single day, in a joint effort until 8 pm because we did not want to have any of your devices left in the shelf. So as long as logistics are not impacted, many of you will get your Dwarfs now in the holidays season.

Though we are aware and sorry that still many of you need to be patient. We have secured a lot of material in Q4, custom parts are at the factory or on the train incoming. As long as another omikron wave does not lead to quarantine or lockdown situations again, this high pace can hopefully be picked up again right at beginning of January.

Next week we are taking a break. I wish you all happy holidays and look forward to 2022!

14 Likes

friedsilenceMOD Team

To all the mod team - enjoy the holidays and some much deserved time off to spend with your family and friends!

4 Likes

QuestionMarc

I somehow managed to finish a BS (yep, I know what that stands for) with a major in psychology and a minor in philosophy, and I have a really difficult time seeing much consistency in even my own logic - assuming there is any at all.

You did an excellent job of identifying a degree of coherence in this thread.

Bottom line for me is that I want to see the mod team putting all their efforts into getting these things assembled, tested and on their way to the backers.

That said - I think this is the perfect place for members of the mod team to come and vent their frustrations about having to sit around and wait for delivery of components when they know their is so much work to be done, so Mod Team - when you’re sitting around eager to put this whole thing together without the parts to do so - come commiserate with us! Or better yet - spend time with your families.

Don’t know how many fans of American football we have out there, but expecting the team to magically build intricate devices out of nonexistent parts is like expecting the field goal kicker to kick an 80-yard field go just because “that’s his job”.

May everyone have enjoy a wonderful holiday season filled with much joy and happiness!

8 Likes

Thanks a lot @Dave_Parker

I remember exchanging messages with you back there in 2014 when we were crowdfunding the MOD Duo.

Seems like such a long ago… It gives me a great positive feeling to still have you around, active and supportive.

Wish you and your family a great festive season and looking forward to having you around in 2022 :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Tuning in on Christmas Eve while my family watches a Christmas movie.

Seems I dodged some …heavy…posting here while not being here for a few days.

Let me be some more counter weight by sharing the wonderful expectations I have for the dwarf :smiley:

I imagined 4 cable setup on my amp (before preamp and ass effect loop)

I will use it for vocal+guitar as well

I will use it with the Submarine Pro pickup that splits my guitar signal in 2 signals I can assign per string.

I will learn to play piano on a midi keyboard with the Dwarf as device to connect to.

I will use it in a double guitar amp setup

If then, in an ultimate fantasy, I would be able to transform vocal melody into midi or beatboxing into drums via the Dwarf one day, there is not much more I would need :smiley: ( I know there’s a pro plugin somewhere for DAW’s though)

Anyway; I wish there were more video’s for me to check because I’ve seen them all I think.
I don’t do crowdfunding a lot because I’m critical to hype factor but now I’m pretty hyped myself.

The MOD team combines creativity with tech in an exceptional way and now they are burdened with a lot of crap. Crap beyond the stuff they are passionate about and drains energy and motivation. Reading how people find it necessary to spit venom now is a bit saddening. So the comm strategy wasn’t the best in the past but prio’s were chosen.

As said, we should be happy MOD actually endures all the crap and they are still up n running. I’ve seen far worse :confused:

Thanks for hanging on, grinding through the crap that isn’t fun at all and remaining passionate about cool and usable products.

Cheers from Belgium,
Festive days for you and your family,
LievenDV

9 Likes

Noticed that my Dwarf is now in the subtle arms of UPS,
so now just wiating (My dayjob is in logistics so I ahrbour no romantic thoughts about this phase)

Inspired by @LievenDV I thought I’d also put down a few thoughts on what is to come.

First off I will test every single kind of noisemaker Ihave at home through the Dwarf.
guitar, bass, harmonica, accordion, shamisen (diy), bowed lyre (diy), daxophone (diy) .

I play and record Dark Ambient music so I will try every single Reverb and Delay I can get my hands on. Maybe stack them all!

Then try to figure out how to actually work with the device.
For concerts close to home I don’t think the MOD Dwarf will replace my standalone pedals, but for gigs that crave traveling I think the MOD Dwarf will be a highly valuable assett.

Very much looking forward to diving into this brave new world.

I will probably create some instagram clips or maybe even some youtube videos when I have the chance.

Thanks everyone at MOD for your hard work and patience with us silly backers.
All the best for 2022.

7 Likes

This is totally not an issue. We have plans for that and meanwhile, you can send us both serial numbers of your devices and we will make all your licenses available on both. Manually, but we will.

Regarding the rest, thank you so much for the nice words :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Lovely folks of MOD and forum.

I’m one of the tier 2 backers on kickstarter and I’m starting to see folks get theirs and I’m starting to get a little jealous :sweat_smile:

Got a (probably stupid) question, but how do we know when our dwarf is in the hands of the postage service?

Do we receive an email to our kickstarter email or what?

No rush intended and I’m patiently awaiting the arrival of this cool unit, but I’m a little paranoid about missing out :joy:

1 Like

Hey there!

Welcome to the forums!

I believe the plan for tier 2 is to be wrapped up by mid to late February iirc

2 Likes

Lovely! Cheers!

2 Likes

On December 24th, I received a notification from UPS Services that my Dwarf was shipping from Germany.

It was delivered about 2 hours ago and is now sitting on my porch outside in the cold (-4 degrees) waiting for me to get home in a couple of hours…

I know what I’ll be doing tonight… :wink:

3 Likes

-4! C or F?

Lol !

Celcius.

It’s inside now warming up for later tonight. :wink:

2 Likes