Vox AC-30 Models

I have put together some all-in-one (not IR/cab sim needed) captures/profiles of a Vox AC-30 at edge-of-breakup using Helix Native. I’m pretty happy with them and hopefully, they can help others too.

In general, I am getting some pretty hit-and-miss results, but these were some of my better ones. I found reducing the input gain helped as the default neural modelling process seems to create a higher gain model than what it was supposed to be.

Vox AC-30 Normal.json (53.9 KB)
Vox AC-30 Top Boost.json (53.7 KB)

9 Likes

Many thanks @Cato . I will test try as soon as I will be home this evening. Looking forward to this because I am a big AC-30 fan.

1 Like

Nice one @Cato, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am enjoying this one. So, if I understand you correctly, you’re using the AC-30 model from a Helix and inputting that into the AIDA system to produce an AIDA model?

Yes. For the ones I am sharing here, I used Helix Native in a DAW to run a dry Vox AC-30 patch (compressor, amp, IR, EQ). I applied that to the input.wav file to get the target.wav file. I made the model using those two audio files.

In my experience so far, a third of them end up sounding really good, a third end up mediocre, and a third end up being unpleasant.

I’ve also tried it with just the amp and then I use the IR after. I find this method either sounds similar or a bit better, but then it takes up more CPU and I like running stereo amps.

3 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the detailed reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Cato I tested them, they are really good! I built it already in one of my pedalboards and it nails the sound!

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed a change in the way it sounds? I was using this a couple of days ago and it always had some overdrive to it unless I played super quietly. I tried it again today and it was super clean. Even increasing the input and gain on it didn’t make it sounds the way it did before. I haven’t changed anything from a few days ago and I tried troubleshooting a few things. Is it just me?