Voucher issue

Thanks, it arried the day after my mail and now it works

4 Likes

Hi everyone

The situation with the coupons is now fully sorted.

I had a bit of extra effort needed for the cases in which one of the coupons was already partially used, but all is now in place.

I am sorry for the hassle guys :innocent:

Happy purchasing!!!

12 Likes

Gianfranco and all the stuff…
Thanks for your work and for getting MOD live.
also Thanks for the Coupons problem sorted out.

I’ve a little question about it… As you can immage it’s very difficult to use all the amount of the single coupon (50 euro) in one shot.
It’s possible to use more than one coupons at time?
Just an example… From my firt coupon I have 13 euro, from my second 8 euro, Can I use both code to buy one plugin?
This situation will be more clear after the use of the 3rd coupon…

Thanks

4 Likes

Hello, I’m still waiting for vouchers, I already wrote a mail at sales@mod.audio: I checked also on “spam” but I received only 3 mails from you: one for confirmation order, one for shipping and the last for delivery.
My order is #1320.
Can you help me?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I believe that Shopify doesn’t allow to use of multiple codes simultaneously :confused:

@Teuvosick, I believe that I’ve already answered you there. The gift cards for the latest orders (like yours have not yet been processed. They should be very soon. You will receive an email with them.

2 Likes

Hi @jon,
Please, find a solution to this problem. We agreed to pay extra 150€ to receive our Dwarf, we accepted to give MOD a period before using the coupons to keep you in a better financial situation. You found the solution of dividing our payment in 3 coupons. That’s OK for me as long as we are not wronged by this last decision because of a technical issue.

I hope you understand me. We have 200€ in coupons. If I buy a plugin, I definitely don’t want to add money just to use a coupon completely.

An example of solution could be to add all the rests in the last coupon when it’s active (1st of July).

2 Likes

Some time ago I was able to place one order and use two codes for a total of 99,50 EUR.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Gianfranco answered me this morning and solved my problem, I already used my voucher and everything works!

3 Likes

I understand the point you’re making. However, and I’m not a lawyer, but you agreed to the coupon deal and I don’t think MOD should be obligated to make it work to the exact amount.

I may be lucky here, I listed out the plugins I wanted and was easily able to make two groups of three plugins that each totaled $49.xx.

Regardless, it would be sad if MOD had to spend several more hours sorting through terms and conditions just so you don’t have to haggle over a few dollars. I’ll offer to cover the difference for you.

1 Like

Cool, so you acknowledge you’re not concerned by the problem I mentioned. Keep that in mind when you have an opinion.

I just politely asked the MOD company to solve a little problem in order to be fair to their most supportive backers. No legal stuff in my message. @jon might even come up with a solution. And if it’s too complicated, he’ll explain it but won’t get rid of the problem with an unpleasant comment.

You know that nobody would accept your offer and that it may sound sarcastic, especially after saying “haggle over a few dollars”, right ?

You seem to be supportive to the MOD team. That’s cool. But be careful not being to much of a guard dog as it has an opposite effect. I’m pretty sure they’ll appreciate that you don’t degrade the mood of people having a problem when they are respectful in the first place.

3 Likes

I apologize if I misunderstood the tone of your post, and for how that came across in my reply.

My perspective is that it isn’t prudent for MOD to be spending time to be fine-tuning the coupon conversion experience at this time, and that when one agrees to exchange money for coupons / gift cards there is risk that you won’t be able to realize the full monetary value. My offer stands and I hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate your reaction.

I have no problem with that. That’s why I suggested to wait until July.

Thanks but I wouldn’t accept in any situation. Furthermore, I just purchased the LP3 for the moment so I was just asking for the future.

It’s more a principle : I initially spent 300€ on a pedal I didn’t need because I liked the concept and wanted to support an open source project. I happened to spend extra 150€, buy the Chocolate MIDI controller which gives no feedback on what I’m doing, buy an expression pedal that makes wah sound like climbing stairs. I also may have to buy a power supply to get rid of ground loop noise completely. It’s beginning to be an expensive toy to me and I expected that I wouldn’t spend a dime on plugins by fully take advantage of the vouchers.

But anyway, I may not even need to use half of the 200€. Many free plugins are really good and use less CPU than fancy paid ones, which is an important criteria for me. I still hope that more professional sounding optimized plugins will join the store.

3 Likes

Please don’t take me wrong @funkypou, I understand you completely. Yet, @unbracketed has a really accurate point. The question of time.
I think it will not be hard to convince anyone about the unfairness of your situation and try to sort out a solution. Yet, this solution will always consume a considerable amount of time for every single case. Like it or not, we have a lot of backers that are entitled to get a bunch of different voucher types that just add tons of complexity to manage…and it’s already really complex. You can have a glance at the complexity of it by the time that we take processing the owed licenses or vouchers.
Mostly this is all on my plate, plus making sure that devices are shipped, answers are given everywhere, support cases are solved and overall the experience of every single user and/or community member is good enough.
So being realistic with you, I would really sort out yours and other cases. I would even open a precedent to your case in order to try and solve it faster (meaning likely at least a month). But this would be a precedent that if escalated would quickly get unmanageable and push a lot of things further, delaying not only stuff on all the matters that I listed above that are my responsibility, but also other plans where I am involved.
I understand that that’s part of the work…of my work. But I’m trying to give you a bit of perspective.
I consider everyone from our team (and even our community) quite nice and understanding people, so everyone will sympathize with your issue and find a way to solve it. But being honest here, we have a tendency to overwhelm ourselves with this type of situation which sometimes forces us to miss the big picture.
With that said, I leave it 100% to you. If you really can’t agree with this, I will do my best to solve it “now”. If you can’t agree but can wait, I kindly ask you to ping me back in a few months. If you find a solution on your side that’s perfect - but I understand if you don’t.
Please don’t take it as me pushing the problem on you, MOD is made by its community and as a community member you have the right to not feel happy with something and I have the duty to turn that around :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @jon,

Thanks for your answer. As I told @unbracketed, I was pretty sure you would either find a solution, either explain kindly the complexity of the situation.

This is the part I’m not comfortable with, especially after the few exchanges I had with @unbracketed. I initially wanted to react to @Rino2’s issue about using 2 coupons. I thought it was unfair to the backers but I don’t want it to be my personal case. Like I said, I don’t even know if I will use a big part of the vouchers because I don’t have much interest in the majority of paid plugins for the moment.

This might have been caused by my typical overreaction on unfair situations (not only mine). You know why ? Because I’m the kind of guy who would have carefully respected the instructions if you had given us a 150€ voucher asking us to delay the use of it. And I feel like we’re children whose mum doesn’t put the whole cake in front of them because she’s afraid they eat everything. But I guess MOD’s financial situation doesn’t allow you to take the risk of trusting our ability to behave carefully. I can accept that.

Looks like I haven’t been clear enough. I suggested you wait until July (3rd coupon). I personally don’t care about the time it takes (dude, I waited 2 years for my Dwarf :slightly_smiling_face:). Anyway, I understand the situation so I’m not asking you to spend too much time on it and if you can’t find a reasonable solution, I’ll accept it. But you could try to investigate on a technical one, like being able to use 2 coupons in Shopify. Have you read this post ?

I know it’s sometimes hard to figure out one’s feelings in an Internet text content. So I’ll finish by assuring you that I’m not angry against the MOD team. By the way, João, I really appreciate the care you put in communicating kindly with us. It’s really important to calm tensions and show attention to the community. Thank you. :wink:

3 Likes

Although I understand what you mean here I think this situation is not really due to a lack of trust in you (or any other backers). As far as I know, it’s due to an accountability management situation. Now, if you ask me to explain that, I will not be able to do it…you know…this type of case when bureaucracy gets in the way.

Indeed, I didn’t understand that part. For me, it sounds like a fair deal, now if all backers take it this way, it may turn into a process nightmare so everyone gets it done. I’m also saying this without fully knowing the legal implications.

I just did what I should have done in the first place, a quickly Google search. And apparently, it seems that the problem that we are discussing here is a “no-problem” :slight_smile: It seems that multiple Gift cards can be used simultaneously (read on the Shopify FAQ here). Did someone try it out and can confirm?

No worries :slight_smile: I really appreciate that. It’s a soft skill that I developed with not much effort, I must admit :joy:
Also, I really don’t like the general vibe online for any sort of group communication. More often than it should it gets in a show of rudeness and lack of education with 2 or 3 posts and either do too bad interpretation or simply a need to flush something out. I quickly jump out of those ones. It really makes me happy that the MOD community (with everyone involved in it) it’s not really like that. We are aware that there’s a lot of room for improvement in a myriad of areas in MOD, but rudeness will not get any of them sorted out…so why use it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just tried to apply 2 coupons (without proceeding to payment) and indeed, it works. You can enter the first one, apply, then enter the second one in the same field and apply again. Both of them are listed in the Subtotal.

I think we both learned a lesson here. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Good to know.
What about the other way around?
Can I use a voucher in parts?
So, having a 50€ voucher, can I buy a 15€ plugin now and half a year later buy the next one using the same coupon code? Or do I lose the additional amount?

1 Like

Hi @Casanunda,
No, you don’t. I only bought the LP3 with my 1st coupon for the moment. I still have around 30€ left that I can use with the same code.

6 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: And that’s really good!

3 Likes

Hello @jon , I’m waiting the vouchers from 27/01/2023, like TEUVO, I already wrote a mail at sales@mod.audio: I checked also on “spam” but I received only 3 mails from you: one for confirmation order, one for shipping and the last for delivery.
My order is #1402
There are news about the issue ?

2 Likes