Tuner problems

Sometimes when playing acoustic or electric guitar my tuner won’t work properly. It won’t pick up the signal of my guitar. Sometimes a reboot works but in a live paid gig I don’t have time between songs always to push a reboot.

Anyone else have this problem?

It’s not the quarter inch, or my input jacks on the guitar, and I don’t think routing would effect the tuner.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that occasionally my tuner stops responding (using electric guitar) and it seems like it might be related to certain elements of the web gui being open? Like I think I had the transport window open and once I closed it the tuner started working again, not sure though…

1 Like

That’s an interesting thought. I don’t think that’s what’s going on for me. But I’ll test it out! Thanks!

2 Likes

I reported this a while back but I haven’t tested it lately to see if it was fixed:

https://forum.mod.audio/t/minor-issue-with-tuner-display-on-dwarf/7213

2 Likes

@Munverzagt can you be more specific on a way to reproduce it?
Do you have any particular plugins always on your pedalboards and can you share one of those pedalboards with us?
Honestly, it never happened to me and I used it a lot, so I’m not sure how to reproduce it.

1 Like

More info here, meanwhile I learned that the tuner has a known bug where it stops after around 15min of being active. Yet this means that you have your runner on for 15min, because when you exit and access it again, the tuner re-starts. Can this be your case?

1 Like

Same here on my mod duo. I couldn’t find a pattern yet to reproduce it. What I could find out was that the problem only appeares after using the device for some time. Then I can access the tuner, but it won’t respond to anything. After reboot it always works again.

1 Like

After using the device with the tuner opened for a while?

1 Like

No, using the duo “normally” and then opening the tuner.
But maybe it’s still linked to this known bug, because i (mostly) use the tuner befor playing. Then after playing for a while opening it again could trigger this bug if I used the tuner before? This is just a wild suggestion though…

1 Like

It may still be related, yet it’s hard for us to find the source of the issue.
Does it happen in any particular pedalboard or in boards with a particular plugin?
Also, what is the OS that you are running on the Duo?

1 Like

It happened so randomly that I cannot specify it. Also unfortunately I use the duo only occasionly due to the lack of time, so I couldn’t find a pattern…

Updated yesterday to the latest version. When theres an update available, I allways do. My guess would be that this happened first since 1.12
Sorry that this is all so vague.
I think I can try to reproduce this bug today…

3 Likes

I can add my anecdote that with the Duo, I was usually surprised when the tuner worked. My memory was that it would sometimes register input shortly after starting up and then usually not after the device had been on for several minutes or more. From what I remember, I tried several times with toggling the tuner input, sweeping guitar vol back and forth, exiting the feature and trying again but only a reboot would solve it.

1 Like

Can reproduce it now.
When the gui is open the tuner won’t respond. When the gui is closed it works again.

…and I thought this is going to be a long search for patterns xD

I’ll investigate further with other pedalboards and so on and will write a proper bug report later. For now I’ll enjoy playing :wink:

4 Likes

Okay, so now I feel reeeeally dumb…
I didn’t realise that after entering the tuner, pressing the endless knob again switches to the 2nd input, so… yeah… :grimacing:
I know that my clumsy feet often do press this knob shortly before exiting the tuner.
sorry for the fuss… If there’s still a bug though, I’ll report but until then I’ll keep quiet :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Haha no worries @roughael. It’s good to know

@unbracketed can you point out your issue? Is it possible that it’s the same as @roughael ?

1 Like

Yep, I have absolutely noticed a connection between the gui and the tuner not working.

2 Likes

Yesterday I came across the bug again. This time I can verfy that it was really a bug. And I can confirm that closing the gui worked. Had the duo not running very long.

3 Likes

Sorry I haven’t responded to all of you in a bit.

On my Dwarf:

1. Randomly sometimes I’ll open my tuner and it doesn’t work.

2. I’ve had this happen when connected to GUI and sometimes when not connected to the GUI

3. Usually a reboot fixes it.

1 Like

Can you all guys say the version of the OS that you are in and point when you start noticing the issue?
Also the device for those that didn’t wrote it.

1 Like

I’m not sure when I started noticing it, definitely has been happening in v1.12… I’m currently on v1.12.1 and I’m pretty sure it’s happened while I have been on that release. I have not yet upgraded to the latest version. I have noticed this on my Mod Dwarf but haven’t noticed it on my Duo since I haven’t using that much these days.

1 Like