Tuner problems

Please do update and let us know if the issue persists

1 Like

29 posts were split to a new topic: Tuner Behavior

my tuner don’t work all time

1 Like

Same but it’s less rare than it was when I first posted.

If you’re playing guitar, sometimes it helps to have the instrument volume at max level.

I was bummed to find that the tuner on the Dwarf was just as flaky as the tuner on the Duo. Most of the time it doesn’t respond to any input. BYOT

Hi!
I think it works better with the latest update…

We have been testing a few important tuner tweaks with @brummer (since we the tuner is based on his plugin after all).

Anyone willing to spend a bit of time testing and giving feedback for a tuner update?
I can provide you with a special build in a private message, to be installed manually and easy to revert to stock 1.13.2 after done testing.
Let me know if interested.

3 Likes

Hi, ok I’m interested.

Yes, me too !

For those curios about this tweaks, the following changes was been made:

• fix tuner segmentation fault → you could run it now forever without it hangs up
  • split cent indication bar into 3 bars to allow finer note identification → now resolution of finest bar is 0.7 cent, before it was 4 cent, let us know if you need finer resolution?
  • fall back to default screen showing “?” when no note was detected → as any tuner does
  • make tuner threshold match the input LED indicator (set it just a tad above) → no input, no detection.
12 Likes

Here is a little showcase of what we are working on:

14 Likes

It looks like it’ll be a significant improvement over the current offering! Thank you so much for your hard work :smile:

I have not had any (non user) problems using the tuner on my MOD Dwarf (latest firmware) with my (4 and 6 string) basses, but I would be happy to test and provide feedback.

The “problem exists between Dwarf and amp” problems I have encountered include: not remembering to switch to input 2; difficulty pressing two adjacent footswitches at the same time; not remembering to press the MUTE switch before annoying the rest of the band. I am getting better at these and would like to underline that I am not looking for technological solutions for these issues :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This looks really great!

For me the tuner on my Dwarf works OK, but I would l love to see a little bit more accuracy and a faster response. This video makes me really excited!

I’ve now implemented the following specs in the MOD tuner:

• Reference frequency (A4) is selectable (Knob 1) between 427 to 450 Hz
  • Note flashing up when Note offset is bellow 3 cent
  • Detected Frequency value is print out in the interface
  • Note offset in cents been print out in the interface
  • The top indicator bar have a resolution of 0.1 cent per step
  • The middle bar have a resolution of 1 cent per step
  • The low bar have a resolution of 10 cent per step
  • When no input, the interface fall back to show the “?”
21 Likes

@falkTX I’m willing to test.

1 Like

I’m very happy to see this progress!

1 Like

Here the same. I can not reproduce it. Only solution is to reboot the device

It happened to me yesterday, while the browser UI was open. Reloading the UI helped