Show Us Your MOD Setup!

I like the “awesome as fuck” pedal the most. :grinning: What is this pedal doing?

2 Likes

@malfunction54 @funkypou I will surely make some videos of how my kalimbas sound with Dwarf, I am just very slow with those things.

@Kim That one is just a bypass looper I built and in the picture it is used just as a patch-bay (and killswitch) to have pedalboard output on a side. “Awesome as fuck” is actually a sticker from a bag of coffee by one small cofffee roastery of a friend of mine. :grinning:

6 Likes

Wow… coffee. I expected everything but coffee… :joy:

6 Likes

First time solo with dwarf only went pretty well. On the picture is a simple setup with my amazing AER amp. One more minimalist challenge tonight - no amp, traveling with a small backpack only and using just venues PA. Then I will try to sum up all my first impressions, issues and questions, probably in a new topic where I will map my experience with using Dwarf with kalimbas.

17 Likes

Cool! I love small rigs. This is really cool. Are you only playing Kalimbas or also a guitar or something comparable?

3 Likes

On concerts I use kalimbas only. Sometimes I play guitar as well.

2 Likes

Do you have a YouTube chanel? I am interested in your music. The reason is, that I use the Dwarf for Mandoline. But Kalimba is even mor exotic, thus, your music must be interesting.

3 Likes

I have YouTube channel, that is not really maintained, however it is mainly for presenting my kalimbas, not my music (I build kalimbas) - I play there mostly acoustic kalimbas in pretty different way than how I play my songs with electric kalimbas - this music is not documented well and good quality recording is yet about to happen in future. For me those are two quite separated worlds - building musical instruments and playing music. You can find the links to my social media on the very bottom of my web www.klvana.cz

2 Likes

I built a midi keyboard, and I’m using the mod duo as the generator

9 Likes

Current board after trimming down a little.

The Longsword is mostly there because I have more than enough room for it, once my Model Fet is repaired it will take that spot. Really looking forward to the tuner improvements so i can ditch the Polytune.

10 Likes

Dwarf, controlled by Nektar. mostly on off of effect chains. program changes for different pedalboards.
and notes for the internal synths.
channel 1 bass, Channel 2 synthesizer and samples. all through Dynacords Bass king T valve

8 Likes

That’s cool!

1 Like

glad you took your username literal with that pic (although it should be more HOsenAndFÜße)

3 Likes

yeah more HOsen Roll and less Rock‘n‘ Roll

2 Likes

Recording a new EP with my band, and my Dwarf is a crucial part of the setup. What we used on this recording included always-on HPF, gain control for the engineer, the tuner of course (although not yet the new tuner) and on various songs chorus, distortion, the crossover plug-in to keep the lows undistorted, and even playing a sound effect with the audio file player. Hella stoked.

6 Likes

Well I’ve got a few weeks before the next band practice so thought I’d experiment a little. Gonna use the Dwarf as a modulation and delay/reverb unit for a bit, it’s an area of fx I always feel lost with.

7 Likes

I think you will enjoy the delay/reverb side of things.

I am primarily a delay/verb/granular/bitcrush effects user, and I’ve always had a decent time with Gaffa and Shiro plugins.

I haven’t been able to try the new convolution stuff that was released a while back, but I enjoyed the demo sounds from it haha

3 Likes

Yeah love your stuff!

Aye, really want to get my head around layering up delays. Always love the sounds I hear but just have no idea how to create them, will get there though.

I’ve been playing around with Gaffa and TTAP and getting some interesting results but still a way off what I have in my head.

The new reverbs are excellent to me although I’m not really connoisseur.

1 Like

Thanks mate!

Can I ask what kind of delay sound you are going for?

I can’t promise I’ll be able to help you, but I am practicing my new project for the next couple of months and I’m going to be working with effects a lot.

I will be using my MDX in the project provided I upgrade my power rigging to include 12v.

If you’d like, I can experiment around with my MDX today and make some delay chains to see if I can help you get closer to your goal?

2 Likes

Hmmm I guess it’s mostly just demos of stuff like the LEM and Sending that have really just stuck out as being really interesting.

https://youtu.be/-eOmtAEAcrY (around 6:30)

I was thinking Gaffa is the perfect starting point for a lot of it. Really want to use it as opportunity to get to grips with CV stuff too. The LEM has a really nice mode where it throws random reverse delays or one with really nice fluctuations in the tape warp effect etc which give it a really cool sound.

2 Likes