SHIRO - Gaffa

Hiya MOD peoples! I am but a humble Pisound / Raspberry Pi 4 user, using the MODEP software. I am super grateful for the work folks have done to develop this open source platform. I would love to be able to access some of the commercial plugins from the plugin-store, especially this one and the shiroverb mkII! Is there any way that I could purchase the plugins and get them on the raspberry pi? I have the mod plugin builder and have been able to successfully transfer several plugins to the rpi that weren’t built into MODEP / patchbox. Many thanks in advance for any support or advice folks can offer :slight_smile:

Hey @nodrog! Thanks a lot for the great feedback :slight_smile:
Currently it is not possible to do what you are requesting. The plugin licenses are based on devices. Yet, maybe soon there will be some improvements on that and some news that may allow someone in your situation to adquire a plugin. But not yet sure how will we go.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, Jon! Darn, I had a feeling that might be the answer. But I am glad to hear that it may change in the future! I will continue to follow along and watch for those updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just purchased this plug-in and added a few instances into a pedal board. Two thumbs up! This is exactly the kind of flavour I’m looking for, and hope there will be more vintage delay emulations added to the library. I don’t care if something is ‘exactly’ like a specific model of delay, but do want some varieties of styles. Please oh please make a Binson plug-in !

5 Likes

Bought Gaffa last night, and I really love it! Inspires me to quit fiddling with knobs and just make music. That’s the sign of a great plugin!

I do have one question: I’m having a hard time nailing down exactly what ‘drift’ does. Can anyone educate me?

7 Likes

Sorry your question slipped under my radar! Glad that you’re enjoying Gaffa :slight_smile:
‘Drift’ is the range of time fluctuations that can occur around the delay time set by the ‘Time’ parameter. All the way to the left ‘Drift’ leaves Time pretty much stable, turning it to the right will introduce more and more obvious irregular artefacts.

5 Likes

hey Shiro! one question, are there any plugins from you planned for the future? recently have been some discussion about the lack of reverb types in the MOD and since your plugins are some of the best in the time/modulation section could be really cool to have something new in that area with the quality of the Shiroverb. Thank you!

5 Likes

At this moment in time I’m not working on a new reverb. I have some ideas regarding new plugins, but I’m not sure if and when they will see the light of day.

10 Likes

I am very excited to see your new project.

I love your plugins and use at least one of them on my board at any time.

You make some really compelling and useful plugins for the platform.

Mad respect, and thanks for creating!

8 Likes

Any chance a Binson Echorec is one of your ideas? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

that would be amazing, and an insta-buy

4 Likes

Hi erveryone,
Sorry to dig up this thread but I’d like to thanks @SHIRO-Plugins for this amazing delay !!!

I take the opportunity to ask for a request : would it be possible (and not too time-consuming) to have two different times : one for the left output and another for the right ?
(It could avoid CPU load by having 2xGaffa + multiple ControlToCV to sync those Gaffas)

6 Likes

Pinpong Gaffa… Love the idea! :star_struck:

3 Likes

So, I’ve purchased Gaffa and have been using it for a week or so, and I have to say that I love it. I am able to dial in a convincing EP-3 (well, a Belle Epoch Deluxe, really) sound. It also holds its own in the various “broken/needs maintenance” kinds of sounds. I have a Recovery Cutting Room Floor V2, a Demedash T-120 V2 and a Belle Epoch Deluxe (did I mention I like delay/echo?). While the Gaffa won’t eliminate them from my collection, it can do a little of what each of those can do, so it’s a good candidate for being on every (virtual) pedalboard I make for my own use. So, thanks @SHIRO-Plugins!

12 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I’m still on the fence about which plugins should get my coupon-money :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to get this old echo box effect with some of the plugins available and it’s not possible. A true Binson Echorec copy would be amazing. Until then I’ve got myself a Catalinbread Echorec pedal to fill in the space of David Gilmour and Richard Wright’s sound as best as possible.

1 Like

@doc_kildare

HOW have you did it?

Do what? I haven’t been able to replicate the Binson effect using any MOD Dwarf plugins - so I bought an actual Catalinbread pedal.

Opppssss sorry… I have not read your post well…!!

1 Like

No problems. I have noticed that this Gaffa does replicate the Belle Epoch pedal - so might give that a try, but the echo were linear on that pedal.

1 Like