Release 1.13

WOW! Talk about fast support! :heart: :heart: :heart:

(Beat that, competition!)

10 Likes

Good to hear and thankyou for the speedy response from the Mod Squad.

4 Likes

Hi Falk, does this will includes the problem with stuck on logo for my Mod Duo? I’ve already do factory reset, done factory reset image, but now it’s only stuck on logo with 4 blue lights turn on. This happened after i updated the firmware to 1.13

Hi Falk, i’ve done the special update, and then do factory reset using the modduo-v1.13.0.3092.tar, but again now it’s stuck again on the logo (with no 4 lights on)

The blue lights being on means it is in restore mode, so the main boot failed for some reason.
It is best to have this conversation on the email support channel, that being support@mod.audio, so the entire thread does not become about a single support case.
The 1.13.1 release is coming up in a few minutes though, and I am updating Factory Reset Images - MOD Wiki now too as we speak, so worth a try later today too.

3 Likes

I haven’t updated my dwarf yet because of the CPU usage concern. Did the fix resolve this?

@stevengbass: my experience: I had also some concerns regarding CPU issues but I just updated my Dwarf and there were no issues at all…everthing fine and as before

4 Likes

Hello,

I’m trying to access the webui over USB but it isn’t more recognized. I updated I think more than a month ago. It was working, but now it doesn’t works more. I’m suspecting that the USB had some physical problem, but it wasn’t damaged by any action.

The problem started two days ago. Two days ago, after I reboot the mod dwarf some times, it worked. But now it didn’t work more. I tried other usb cable, tried to connect on windows and Linux, tried to connect in another laptop, also tried to energize the dwarf at other power socket.

I noticed that when I connected on windows, firstly shows something link “This USB have some problem, it will be ignored”. But after, it doesn’t shows anymore. Also, at dmesg Linux command, nothing relates on dwarf is shown.

I’m writing here because I remember that on 1.12 there a related problem, so maybe there is something residual at this release.

Also, is someone know if it’s possible to make a backup of pedals without the modui?

EDIT: @falkTX, is there possible to access the mod data with this method, just for get the user data previous of format it.
https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Factory_Reset_Images

if you use a factory reset image, it will reset everything, so best to not do it.
but for that to work the USB port also needs to work first… if it is a physical problem, then the usb mass storage wont appear when using restore/upgrade mode either.
it can serve as quick test, boot into restore mode and check if your PC sees a USB mass storage device as provided by the Dwarf - if so, USB is still working.

bluetooth is another way to get a connection, enough to activate the backup to usb feature through the web gui advanced settings.

1 Like

I follow this: Troubleshooting Reinstall - MOD Wiki until step five.

Appears

CONNECT CABLE FROM USB B PORT TO COMPUTER

Then appears

PLEASE WAIT

I wait some time and this message appears again

CONNECT CABLE FROM USB B PORT TO COMPUTER

Nothing occurs on PC. I tested on another USB input, other USB file, other computer and also other operational system.

Interesting if there is or not a USB connected cable, always appears both messages.

I will try to get a USB Bluetooth dongle.

EDIT: @falkTX, the releases page has this following note:

Add Bluetooth + WiFi firmware

Is it possible to use it without this steps? WiFi - MOD Wiki

1 Like

the update added needed firmware to get some extra usb dongles working. so that the WiFi section stuff is actually not needed for most cases now.

but if you cannot have the usb mass storage device working when booting in restore mode and seeing blue LEDs, something is physically wrong.
I think it is the case for contacting support and getting the unit fixed, this seems like a clear hardware fault.

1 Like

Thanks, @falkTX. I will enter in contact with @jon