Release 1.13

Hi Jon,

I copied the folder “moddwarf-v1.12.2.3009” to the storage device. Then unplugged the USB as per the instructions on the device. Then got a “File not found” message.

What am I doing wrong?

copy the tar file as-is, do not extract it or create folders.
the restore/upgrade mode expects a single file.

1 Like

Thanks, that worked.

1 Like

I have tested the TP-Link UB500, USB 5.0. Works smoothly with Release 1.13 (in RC1 and in the final version). Driver Realtek rtl8761.

5 Likes

I can report a simillar behaviour.
My current board went up from arround 78% CPU usage to aoound 82% with more spikes going up to 92%. It seems as if the system consumes more cpu power after the update.

Before the update:

After the update:

5 Likes

Thanks for confirming.

I have been tweaking the dwarf build to get performance close to what it was before.
Doing some final tests at the moment, by early next week we should at least have new public builds to try.

17 Likes

Help, when asked for an upgrade, i click continue, and then after finish installing and it restart itself, now my Mod Duo is stuck on logo, can anyone help me?

Have you done the Duo nand update before?
The special update mentioned in Troubleshooting Reinstall Duo - MOD Wiki

Hi, i’m using only mac dont have any windows or linux. I tried the recovery mode (left knob and switch hold 5sec), it goes to re-installing automatically, and updating the system, but then stuck on the logo again.

I tried to hold FEL button for 2 seconds but seems nothing changes, i can’t even see MOD DUO on drive mode on my mac

1 Like

Hi i have a Problem with selecting Pedalboards using Program Change messages, and for some reason i can’t create my own Topics, but apparently there was also a change regarding this this update, so i assume it is ok to post it here. So anyways:
I’m on Mod Duo X v1.13.0.
After Booting the Mod Duo, and choosing a pedalboard from a bank sending Program Change changes the pedalboard (but as far as i can tell sending Program Change 0 opens the 3rd Pedalboard).
After switching to a different Bank, and Changing Program a few times, switching Pedalboards just stops working, and I have to reboot the device to have it working again.`
I can’t tell if this is a new issue with 1.13 because today is the first time i tried this.

1 Like

Just a side note on this particular thing, I raised your trust levels, so now you should be able to post.
Regarding the rest, I think @falkTX can give you more accurate answers about what can be happening.

With my Mod Duo I use many pedalboards selected by midi program change and for several years the midi program change started from No 1 then all of a sudden they have started from No 0 which would mean that I have to re-number all of my pedal board program changes - 1 a big job, several different banks containing at least 20 pedalboards each. To get around this I have put a blank pedalboard in each bank in position 0 so all others are shuffled up + 1. Could you tell me why this may have happened, I suspect something in the latest upgrade did this.
Thanks

1 Like

There were changes made around this, so there could this mis-intended consequence.
Is that still present on the 1.13.0 release? (non-RC)

Yes the change came as a consequence of installation of 01.13.0

just went to check on this, the 1.12 release behaves in this exact way too.
the 1st ever pedalboard (what we count pedalboard 0 or 1 depending on the count system) matches the first possible value on a MIDI program change message.

not sure when this changed, but would say the old way was the wrong one because 1st value should match 1st pedalboard too.
changing this now would break setups that rely on this value match…

1 Like

So, reading through all the responses to the latest update 1.13, I think I might wait on the issues being ironed out - especially the CPU usage.

Still, it should probably be fixed. A note can be added to a future release warning of setup disruption.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you are saying there but on my system up to and including 1.12 I send program change 1 to select first pedal board in list, send program no 2 to select pedal board 2 from list and so on but from 1.13 system changed to 0 first pedalboard 1 for second pedalboard. It is not a major problem I was just curious why it changed but if it is going to stay that way then I can live with it.

An update fix is scheduled for tomorrow already, resolving most (all?) of the performance regressions.

4 Likes

Checking this on a Duo, it is the other way around in 1.13 so I got confused.
With 1.12 there is a value match between program change and pedalboard that is loaded.
On 1.13 there is indeed a mistake, sending 1st program change possible (value 0) loads the 2nd pedalboard, this is clearly wrong.

EDIT: issue found and corrected, fix coming in 1.13.1

10 Likes