Purchased pedals are in demo mode

Description

Since the last upgrade, purchased pedals (DT-1, Boobtube) are in demo mode (the sound cut itself then come back progressively), despite being tagged as “purchased” in the UI.

How to reproduce

1. Take a NAND Mod Duo with purchased pedals (DT-1, Boobtube), makes some pedalboard with purchased pedals.
  2. Backup all your data through USB
  3. Do the manual 1.9.1 update (https://www.moddevices.com/blog/the-mod-duo-is-still-evolving)
  4. Restore your data through USB
  5. Open a pedalboard with purchased pedals and test the sound.

Additional information

I have tested DT-1 and Boobtube but I suspect this bug is the same for all my purchased pedals.
I tried to remove the affected pedal from the pedalboard and then replace it but it’s the same.

• release: 1.9.1
  • controller: 8403942

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Pop OS (Ubuntu) 20.04, Firefox

Can you try reinstalling the plugin?

It worked thx. xD

1 Like

I’ll add my anecdata: I did not have any problems with purchased plugins after the upgrade, but I didn’t restore my plugins, only my pedalboards, so the plugins have all been installed on-demand.

1 Like

I think I have the same issue with the DT-1 pedal.

It doesn’t give an update option though. There’s a remove button - do I need to do that and reinstall it?

The update all button says everything is updated, even though the DT-1 says installed version is 2.0-3 and latest is 2.0-6.

edit: Yes, remove and then install does fix it.

OK, I have a similar problem: I purchased a second Mod Dwarf to use as a backup in case my main unit died (yes, it’s THAT essential to my live setup). The second unit already had purchased plugins like Gaffa and Shiroverb MKII on it and was working just fine until I did a backup of my main unit and exported everything into the backup unit. The plugins are showing as “Purchased” however they are inserting the silence in intermittently. I’m on the latest firmware for both units. Is there something I can do on my end to fix this or do I need to simply send my second unit’s serial number to support to get the plugins authorized?

likely the license keys from the old unit got copied, which are invalid for the new unit.
go to advanced settings, dangerous, and pick to delete license keys

reloading the web gui will fetch them again.

5 Likes

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!!!

4 Likes