Pedalboard without screenshot

I have been having issues the past few days with my Mod Duo X. Sometimes I save a pedalboard and it’s fine, other times, I get the message that it saved, but when I load it something goes wrong and it doesn’t work. I had one where once I went to the second page of assigned parameters on the hardware, I saw none, and then every page was blank - no parameters.

I have noticed that when I go to my list of pedalboards in the browser, some do not have a screenshot, but have the purple zero. What specifically does that mean? The pedalboard just doesn’t have a screenshot? or it is broken?

2 Likes

All pedalboards I save look like this (no screenshot) so I’m interested as well. Dwarf 1.12.0.2934-RC3

1 Like

I caught this a few times, there are some fixes for the v1.12 series coming.

9 Likes

This happens to me from time to time. Usually, saving again and waiting for the image to generate usually works. However, I only experience this on a 1-at-a-time basis, and not all the pedalboards at once.

just to confirm - you are saying that the lack of screenshot is not an indication that there is anything wrong with the pedalboard, other than a screenshot not being generated?

In my case, it seems like pedalboards which are broken, also don’t get screenshots but this may just be coincidence.

1 Like

It is a combination of many factors.

What I have seen lately is that there can be a plugin instance referenced on the pedalboard that is not actually used, but didnt get fully removed properly. Can happen if, for example, loading the template/new pedalboard that includes a plugin that was removed (which makes it spread to all saved pedalboards) or if something crashed during add/remove plugin action and then the pedalboard page was reloaded.

Maybe happens in more cases, but I have seen these 2 as triggers of this issue.

2 Likes

Got a new one today, the gear is spinning:

p.s. I have never had a screenshot generated on this dwarf, even when running older firmware.

1 Like

After reboot, still spinning!

1 Like

Are you saying that if you have a reverb sitting in the pedalboard, but not wired to anything, that this will cause an issue? Because I do that all the time. When I’m working on complex pedalboards, I will have reverb settings I want to keep, but need to move things around, so a few plug-ins sit ‘in waiting’ without being wired to anything, but with the settings I want for each.

1 Like

No, I am saying there are some occasions where unexpected things happen, which trigger other unexpected things. And when saving that pedalboard, any based on it will have that as part of them.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem i can’t upload my pedalboard because screenshot fails.
Firmware version i am one down the latest available i think (dwarf is not connected at the moment so i can’t check right now)
Since there are quite a few pedals it might be that i have some dirty settings from previous pedals and pedalboards i have removed.
The lack of general grid that shows all of the current settings clearly make things complicated to debug.

@falkTX is there a way to debug this problem from CLI?

1 Like

There are some fixes for this in the upcoming 1.13 release, would you be able to check and confirm the fix if I give you an early build? (you may or may not be interested on test builds on the long term, so dont want to force that).

2 Likes

sure can give it a go.
I haven’t fiddled much with firmware beside stock updates
Is this the procedure to rollback right?
https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Releases

2 Likes

Yes, it is the same procedure for manual update or downgrade, or even just reinstall.
Will provide you a build in a private message

3 Likes