Onyx Presets Switching / Get rid of Factory Presets

Hey there, I wanna use a footswitch to switch between 3 of my own presets.

Now when I hit assign the switching works but it will also switch through the factory presets. Is there any way how I could get rid off / ignore the factory presets? having 3 extra presses for cycling thorugh presets that I don’t wanna use will mess up this whole workflow…

2 Likes

Have you tried using banks to group your pedalboards?

2 Likes

no I am currently designing my first pedalboard and being able to switch between preset Crunch, Drive and Lead is a very important building block here.
I am trying to get all functions I want into 1 pedalboard, so not really planning on doing great switching here.

2 Likes

Consider using pedalboard banks and snapshots

2 Likes

You can use snapshots. Save snapshot 1 for crunch, snapshot 2 for lead and so on…

2 Likes

I don’t think snapshots will work cause they will change all the parameters of all the other devices in the pedalboard.

I want the categories clean crunch etc to be independant of the rest of the effect chain.

Is there any way to hack into the plugins settings and delete all the factory presets?

1 Like

I think it is possible hack, with some Linux knowledge. You should edit some ttl file inside the lv2 folder plug-in.

1 Like

no need to hack stuff - you can just delete them.

2 Likes

but as far as I remember, it was still not possible to delete factory presets in mod-ui. :thinking:

1 Like

its not possible to delete them :dizzy_face:

is there any way to exclude devices from a snapshot?
That would make it easier too!

Also is it possible to save snapshots or presets from the device without the editor?

1 Like

If by “exclude devices” you mean exclude a plugin like having a Distortion in one snapshot an not having this same Distortion in another, then it’s not.
But you have ways to bypass it or simply have it “on” in one snapshot and “off” in another.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, that is what I meant. Then this feature is not really useful for that case, cause I only want to switch around my Drive/Amp section, leaving the rest of the chain unaffected.

1 Like

Snapshots do just what they say . It’s a snapshot or picture of what’s happening at that point. If you don’t change other parameters / fx then they will stay as you set them regardless of how many snapshots you use.

2 Likes

Describe your signal Path or post an image of the pedal board.

2 Likes

Yes thx, but this is the point where I think it’s not smart to use them for that purpose. Let me put an example dow, n there.

It’s just a start, basically 2 chains, 1 for humbucker, 1 for piezo with IR.

So just an example: I make my 3 snapshots for clean drive etc.

Then during soundcheck I use the EQ to scoop out some frequencies that cause Feedback on the Piezo chain.
What I would need to do then is ajdust this in each snapshot, again and again and again.
Regardless to say that I don’t even know if you can overwrite snapshots on the hardware.

I have to say though that I’m also not 100% with the presets solution, cause it has the same problem.
I do soundcheck and I wanna tweak the EQ of my Drive preset. It seems I cannot save these changes on the hardware :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah OK. How about just mapping the EQ section to the knobs that way you can adjust regardless of snapshot. Or set up a Midi controller to do same. Did something similar with TouchOSC so I could adjust standing up and listening

2 Likes

Yeah but then loading a snapshot will overwrite these manually adjusted changes.

It would be great if you could exclude devices from a snapshot. A lot of digital hardware soundprocessors have like a global section.
My TC Helicon devices for example have the tone section global, so I have EQ, Compression, Deesing independant of presets. So they can be adjusted during soundcheck and don’t interfere with the rest of the preset.

Nevertheless I settled down on using 2 footswitches for cycling thorugh the presets. That way I can more easily ignore the factory presets at the end.

EDIT: I’m still eager to know: Can you save snapshots on the hardware without the editor?

2 Likes

Ok. I get it!
I have the same concern as you but it does not affect me so much because I usually have only 2 snapshots on pedalboards an I use an extra EQ plugin at the end of the chain and map it to knobs for quick on the fly changes

This should be a feature request but I don’t know how things gonna be handled due to the insolvence.
Something like “Set plugin as global”. When a plugin is marked as global, saving the pedalboard should save the current settings of these particular plugin to all snapshots.
It probably have been requested already.
@redcloud have you requested this?

3 Likes

Yes, something like that.

4 Likes

since no one seems to be answering this question, yes! You can save a snapshot from the hardware. Hit the menu button (on the dwarf, this is the button on the far left above the foot switches), select “save” and then select “pedalboard”

4 Likes