New plugin: dm-TubeScreamer

This overdrive plugin is modeled after the Ibanez Tube Screamer. You can install it from the BETA store.
Another implementation of this pedal is already in the store. This implementation sounds a bit different though.

6 Likes

Very nice @DaveM. I am really impressed with your recent releases.

Today I sat down to give them all a try and boy I am stoked.

The distortions are all very good, each with a very specific voicing. In all cases, when comparing yours with some of our original counterparts, I tend to prefer yours. I felt like that for the TubeScreamer, OverDrive and DS1. All of our originals sound muffled when compared to yours.

Well done!!!

3 Likes

Keep in mind that GxTubeScreamer for MOD have disabled oversampling (on request).

1 Like

Was that request related to the Duo ?

As far I remember it was earlier in the store, quadra it was.
It was never easy to update a plug when it hits the stable store, true, so it never get’s updated.

Wow!

Some of our plugins that had undergone limitations in the past - due to CPU constraints - had such limilations removed for the newer devices.

Maybe that’s that case with the TubeScreamer.

If you put side-by-side with the DM version, you’ll be able to see how muffled it sounds in comparison.

Note that we can have different per-device control port values, so e.g. if oversampling was optional it could be on by default on Dwarf and Duo X while disabled on Duo.

That said, if it increases CPU usage it is a lot more tricky… some pedalboards are on the limit of what the CPU can do, so if an updated plugin causes it to use more CPU, it wont be good news.

Oversampling is exactly known for increases CPU usage, that’s why it was disabled.

However, I need to checkout the dm-TubeScreamer and I’m glade we’ve it on board. As you know me, there can’t be enough overdrive/distortion pedals at all, I love them all!

5 Likes

Really nice to hear @gianfranco. I’m glad you like them!

1 Like

Alright, this and a nice selection of pedals indeed!
Thanks alot @DaveM; I’ve got some testing to do! <3

3 Likes