New plugin: dm-SpaceEcho

@KAOSS I’ve given your request for internal sync capabilities some more thought. While I have just implemented sync internally for the vst and clap version of the plugin, I do not plan to add this to the MOD version for now. On mod devices syncing to global tempo works as expected as described here: Tutorial: Using Time Based Parameters - MOD Wiki. I want the experience for syncing to the BPM to be familiar for MOD users, e.g. similar to other plugins. Unfortunately this comes with some shortcomings you experience.

Right now, it’s just not worth the time/development investment in my opinion unless other people request the same feature. So if anyone else needs internal sync capabilities, please let me know. I think the limitations you encountered are good finds. I wouldn’t be surprised if tap tempo via midi is a requested feature on MOD desktop. As far as I know you can’t really tap the tempo there.

I’m sorry if you were under the impression this was gonna be added for sure. Hope you understand.

3 Likes

Just installed this last night and wanted to say many thanks. This is really awesome!!

If you ever did an Ibanez CS9 (with accurate filtering) I’d be all over it! Boss DC2 is close but no speed manipulation, of course.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this awesome plugin anyway! I might have to look for another plugin for my live pedalboard, but this will definitely stay in my jamming/practice pedalboard.

It can be installed from the beta store now.

1 Like

Just tried this out tonight. I love the sound and it seems very authentic. I like the built-in reverb and filters. Right now it’s my “main” delay for my gigging preset.

Things I would like to see:

• Trails mode (copypaste from another delay mod?)

• As a mono user, it should sense when only one output is connected and make it easy to either have one or both delays going. Maybe hide the “Stereo” parameter since it does nothing in mono.

• Can’t think of anything else, it’s pretty great. Unless you want to make us an Echorec clone in the same manner, that’d be sweet.

Hi @MODPOCALYPSE
I’m glad you like it!
Could you elaborate about the trails mode a bit? Does that mean echoes ring out when you turn the effect off instead of cutting out the delay instantly?

Sensing if one or two inputs are connected is not really that easy. The plugin doesn’t know what port is connected to or not. A mono input is still turned in to a stereo output by the way when you have reverb or ping pong enabled.

I’m curious about Echorec. Will check it out.

btw you can always do “trails” on any plugin by using it 100% wet in parallel with a switch to turn it on/off rather than the on/off button

5 Likes

Yes, exactly that. There are a couple delays in the “store” that have this feature. If you have a really ambient thing going in a show and then switch it off, it just kinda dies and sounds a bit un-musical. Not a big deal, just a nice feature to have.

I got the stereo → mono thing to work by fiddling with the settings. Just saying it’s not all that intuitive. There’s the “Stereo” knob along with the “stereo/ping-pong” setting, and the two input/outputs.

1 Like

Ah, yes. I can see how that’s a bit confusing. Some more documentation could help maybe?

I’ll take your request for a trails mode into consideration. It makes sense. And thanks @oeSmash for the suggested solution

2 Likes