New plugin: dm-LFO

This is a new Control Voltage plugin.
The unique feature for this low frequency oscillator (LFO) is that it can also generate random waveforms. (I couldn’t find any plugin with that ability. Is there one?) From the shape dropdown you can choose sample&hold, random, curved random and noise. But non-random is also available. You can also pick sine, triangle, saw up, saw down and rectangle waveforms.

The chance control sets the probability for a cycle to be skipped. So chance at full counterclockwise would not modulate pitch at all, while chance at full clockwise will modulate pitch constantly.

The offset control can push the waveform to it’s lower or higher boundary. This is a way to make the higher or lower values more dominant.

Tip: if your LFO movement is still too static, control the LFO with another LFO.

This plugin is not yet in the BETA store. If you want to check it out, you can find a build here: Releases · davemollen/dm-LFO · GitHub

13 Likes

Please download the latest MOD Dwarf build via the plugin’s releases page from now on.

Unfortunately I can’t update the link in the original first post.

Edit: Original post and link have been modified. :pray:

2 Likes

Great idea; thanks for the plugin!

1 Like

Tested on the duo X, works like a charm ! Love the random setting !
Love this plugin !
Will test the other plugins on my X later, great work though, all show up nicely!

4 Likes

very cool! Glad this is in the beta store and looking forward to trying that random function!!!

4 Likes