New neural lv2 plugin from Aida DSP based extensively on existing NeuralPi, reduced to the bone

:heart_eyes: I have also released a new version (0.93) of my plugin together with completely re-trained models and I need some feedback. You can use it on Desktop but only if you support lv2. I still need to relase binaries, working on it. I will summarize here the features of my plugin:

  • built to be a generic neural model player
  • support for three network types (ideal for: pedals, middle complex amp tone, highly complex amp)
  • complexity means network depth means cpu consumption
  • two conditioning params available for each network types (param1 and param2)
  • model file is standardized to be rt neural library compatible, plus
  • skip parameter, which tells you if the training has been made by propagating the input to the output (a sort of dry/wet mix)
  • this parameter together with network type depends on the model you’re going to emulate and you can’t know in advance if it will improve the overall result or not
  • I’ve studied the available papers that conclude that A-Weighting is the best pre-emphasis function among the ones available / used until now. While I’m experimenting on this topic (@keyth72 we can setup a thread on this?) by ear I can say that the models trained in this way sounds better
  • the plugin has a volume input and master output, plus a low pass filter with variable frequency at the input to deal with aliasing problems (still under investigation) and other stuff (a user here told me his Dwarf sometimes add a 10k tone to the main signal and this should help fight it too)

It’s a quite an amount of work for me, and I will now drink my beer in peace. If you want to help me with the plugin door is open!

you can find details about current trained models in my plugin here

like you see in the document I have a model which is called “Edge Of Breakup”

I’m thinking about adding a multiband graph eq to my plugin, something that resembles what Neural DSP is doing on its plugins.

PS: I’ve setup a companion thread for training how to here Training models for amp sims - Developers - MOD Audio Forum. But we could share a doc here or on Discord group with the “most favourite amps out there” and train the most wanted ones…just an idea btw!

5 Likes