MOD X as a MIDI sequencer for Digitech Whammy DT

Which interval has you chosen? 2 oct up?
Using PC commands is more laborius but you know which note is played :wink:

you can stick it on anything. Oct up down seems the vilest ; )

I know what you mean about PC on the Whammy DT , so clumsy. I did an editor on TOUCHOSC once for it but needed to be plugged into a computer to bridge, although you could stick your phone on your guitar like Matt Bellamy and wifi across to laptop.Was cool for a few minutes then I realised Im well over 40 so stopped!

2 Likes

dont forget this is MIDI so you could send out to anything that will accept CC , My HELIX is taking a pounding fro the Dwarf as you map to whatever you fancy…delay times etc.

1 Like

It makes lot of options. I plan to use my PC controller with different external effects as Sonuus wahoo - it can make many crazy sounds, why not to play few crazy presets as a sequence :wink:

1 Like

you might have to use snapshots to prevent delay on loading but yes works a treat.

If i can work out how to upload an audio file I will show you oct up down, reverb mix and treble all being sequenced. I sound like Elk!

1 Like

I used seq as a controller of parameters, really nice feature. LFO works also great for automating effect’s patrameters.

1 Like

one thing that I can not understand - why whammy dt has a bypass on every interval? Why not to make one global bypass for DT and one for whammy section? Instead of that there is as much bypass PC as many intervals can be set.

yep pain in the ass. Im looking at MINDI at present to try and bypass and select but completely lost at present. If I work it out will update you

1 Like

Mindi is a no - can just get it to select one interval on only.

Did put the arpeggiator after sequencer which was fun!

No, but it seems it is a great idea!

Yes, but you can use Sequencer and send different values and then change them into CV and then use it to control PC number, so you can use different intervals. There is also an option of turning on and off whammy detune, it sounds really interesting when it is used as a part of a sequence…

3 Likes

brilliant - thanks for that

2 Likes

I thought the same thing years ago when I was doing this with the Duo. Unfortunately it is what it is…

I think there must be a creative way to set up a pedalboard (virtually in the Duo/Dwarf) to turn on/off the Whammy DT. We would need a way to send multiple Program Change numbers at the same time. Really just two… one for the Whammy side and another for the DT side.

I will think about this…

2 Likes

you can, its a bit clunky though. What do you have in mind as between the group we should be able to nail it. I have a Whammy DT too so should be able to test this end.

1 Like

I have different goals than what is trying to be achieved here but there are crossovers from my goal to this one that we can each benefit from.

For sequencing with the Whammy DT, it would be great to have a note to program change plugin. Currently there is a Note to CC plugin but that will only let you control the expression pedal setting which will let you arpegiate things but that’s it. It would be really cool to sequence program changes to change between all the settings.

Another things that we need is to be able to send multiple messages at the same time. PC and CC messages. Turn off/on DT side, off/on Whammy side, and pedal position.

Is there a way to use CV with a sequencer and send those to multiple Mindis?

1 Like

I am experimenting and have been able to trigger the Mindi with a control voltage with the Control to CV plugin.

Is there a way we can send out a CV per channel of a sequencer?

Do you mean having multiple sequencer outputs on which each CV channel gets out?

Ok been pushing this one around for a couple of days and struggling to solve a few minor issues.

Got a sequencer set up to step through 43 -51 which corresponds to PC changes on the DT Drop tune side. This then goes into the MIDI to CV plugin and out via CV to MINDI to convert to PC messages.

All is fine apart from the count goes from 45-53, so I tweak a little with the knobs and get it back to doing 43-51 then notice it is missing 46!

I guess its the analogue part ; )

Looks like it might be a little harder to complete this one

1 Like

I think so…

I had to step away for a business trip. Will be back in a couple days.
I have my new 1/8” MIDI adapter waiting for me at home…

2 Likes

we need is a set of tools like on Native Instruments Guitar Rig instead of Mindi and CV converters etc.

Or a way to set how many sequencer lines from say 1 -32 that way you could incorporate all the elements into one phrase as the 8 or 16 at present is good but hey they said it was its for creative people.

Also is there a way to share presets of the sequencer rather than the whole pedalboard. That way we could have ricochet up, ricochet down and all the bonkers stuff on the preset list for the sequencer.