Jumping CPU Meter, how to avoid? I'd like to have it rather constant

there is a workaround in place for the issue I mentioned above, starting in 1.13.
see Release 1.13.0 (Dwarf only, beta testing)

5 Likes

@falkTX I have only seen this issue with the USB cable plugged and the UI running on a browser. This suggests that there may be something in a driver/module related to USB. I don’t know if this setup can trigger the Neon issue that you’ve seen, but I don’t have any glitches when the USB is disconnected.

3 Likes

it depends on the plugins in use I think, because some will keep events flowing in both directions while web gui is open.

is there a difference between USB connected but no web gui open vs with it visible?

3 Likes

These are the results that I’m seeing:

1. Never fails when no USB is connected
  2. Fails but not often when USB connected and no web GUI. (Got a click just plugging USB in while running)
  3. Fails most frequently when USB is connected and web GUI is open.
3 Likes

Also, the LP3 undo button seems to be one mechanism of triggering it. I’m going to look into that. I do use the work queue to handle the file access which should be fine, but maybe there is something else that contributes to the overall problem.

UPDATE: There is no significant work happening in the audio thread during an undo. All the slow work is done via schedule_work().

4 Likes

Ok.
I just discovered this thread>
I have big issue with some of my pedalboards and CPU use.
When I load the pedalboard cpu use is at 50% and 1h later it raise at 75% sometimes more with no effect on, only 2 compressors and Guitarix Amp.
I suspected the convolution reveb to be faulty wich is true because without it the cpu use is more stable but I alway notice some cpu drops.
But I realize that I have never suspected the usb connection.
I will dig in this direction but the problem is how to see the cpu usage without the web interface?
I think that an integrated cpu gauge is really missing on Mod devices.

2 Likes

haha… yeah @julien!

back in 2018 i mused about the need for an onboard CPU meter:

v1.6.0 on a Duo. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks.
Yeah it would be usefull to have an integrted cpu meter.
That’s curious to see that in 2018 some user had the same issue I have concerning the CPU usage growing without doing anything when I load a convolution reverb.

1 Like