Is it possible to add a CV port to the Dwarf via Control Chain?

Hi! I’m interested in developing control chain devices and I think CV input and output ports for the Dwarf would be a useful addition. I haven’t seen any documentation specific to CV operation or messages beyond using a CV port in a pedalboard. Is it possible for a CC device to enumerate a CV port? Is this something that happens at the Linux kernel level? Where would I get started with CV at this level? Thanks, and look forward to what comes of this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m not 100% sure of this (maybe @falkTX or @jesse can give me a little help here), but I believe that the implementation of the Control Chain protocol doesn’t allow a direct connection as CV on the MOD Dwarf. I believe that you may have a way to somehow code the conversion on a Control Chain device in order to get it working. So you won’t be able to get it in the MOD Dwarf as a CV input, as you can do on the MOD DuoX

1 Like

That’s kind of what I figured. My assumption was that I’d have to read the CV voltage from an input on my custom device and then pass that value on to through CC protocol. But then I was wondering who would consume that value. I imagine some virtual CV port, but maybe that has yet to be implemented. Or perhaps that’s something I’d have to implement myself.

Exactly. Although I can understand how cool it would be to have some sort of “direct line”.

You would need to map it as any other Control Chain device. Like we explain here.

1 Like

Thanks! I think that answers all of my high-level questions! I had read that you could use CV plugins without having any hardware CV ports, but hadn’t gone through the steps to do so until I read through your link. I’m sure there will be more questions later, but that was certainly helpful!

1 Like

Indeed, but it’s only internally. Just the MOD DuoX (as it has CV ins and outs) allows them to be connected externally.

1 Like