Ibanez TSA5TVR

I profiled my little Ibanez 5W tube amp. When paired with a Jensen C8R IR, it sounds reasonably close to the real thing. This profile is clean, but I recorded on max volume. It is fairly easy to push into breakup. Treble at 10 o’clock, bass at 2 o’clock, built-in spring reverb off, and built-in TubeScreamer circuit off.
Ibanez TSA5TVR.json (171.3 KB)

I’ve uploaded this model to AIDA-X Cloud!

And here’s a pedalboard that emulates all the features of the amp, plus a boost.

6 Likes

Thanks.for sharing.
I think I have that IR as well so I’ll be chacking that out soon! :smiley:

1 Like

I also own this amp and your profile is really great! Thanks!

3 Likes

Glad you like it! It turned out nice enough that it has me wanting to redo my Hughes & Kettner Deluxe 20

4 Likes

What will you be doing differently than the first time?
I’d like to know your finding because if they made a difference, I can add them to my “best practices” article New Blogpost: AIDA-X modeling best practices

3 Likes

I think it was my amp output. I made the HK D20 model fairly clean, and it is much harder to push into distortion.

1 Like

Cool! I have this amp at home and not only looks great but also sounds killer with the strat! :guitar:

3 Likes

I tried it with my DuoX and sounds great!! Thanks man! Any chance you’ll profile it with the tube screamer on?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I might try modeling with the TS on, but the problem is that there are so many different settings, I’m not sure anyone would like mine. From what I can tell from the schematic, the TS circuit is just sitting in front of the preamp. I just pop the GxTubeScreamer at the beginning of the chain and it sounds good to my ears.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally get it. Also there’s a sweet spot that’s different for everyone I guess. And the treble knob is so powerful in that amp!

2 Likes

I’ve uploaded this model to AIDA-X Cloud!

5 Likes