How do you use looping?

If the MOD supports it, I could have multiple outputs. Typically what is done instead is that you turn on/off the effects on the input to the looper.

Yes, the MOD already allows you to assign a button to a MIDI CC. I don’t believe that the multi-function buttons will work that way due to MODs implementation of MIDI.

1 Like

A feature which I would find very useful and is also rare, is the ability to scroll through the start point of the loop. Some loopers let you adjust the start point, which adjusts the length of the sample. I am talking about treating the loop as a single continuous bit of audio, so if you have a kick drum at the end of the loop, you could scroll the loop so that the kick is now at the start of the loop, and the loop stays the same length - no audio is lost, but where it starts changes.

6 Likes

Never had anybody ask for that before, but that is actually easy to implement based on the way Looperlative code works.

6 Likes

It’s a feature that allows you to re-sync stuff to generate better rhythms, or partially correct a slightly off performance.

5 Likes

I’m using looping mostly without any syncing, but I’d like to be able to use it and a sequencer simultaneously with host sync-- but when I stop/start transport the looper glitches like crazy, repeating the first few notes multiple times while the sequencer just chugs along-- something about how if I hit the transport back on after turning it off, the difference between that and the loop start point makes it glitch… maybe… I’m not sure why it does it, it’s very irregular, I’ll try to get a recording of it.

1 Like

The loop is synced to the transport and can’t understand it jumping around. Starting and stopping is likely to cause it to move unexpectedly. I need a good description of what you are trying to do.

4 Likes

Here are two attempts at a sequenced drum track, basic chord loop, and one additional loop of basic bass over that. I have host sync on with the LP3 and the sequencer, timing my “record button” press as close to the 1 as possible, and as you can see it just seems to do weird stuff. I’m trying to keep it simple here but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I realize I maybe should have the camera pointed at my pedal presses instead of at me… but at least I’m making it clear where it’s glitching lol

note: I’m not stopping/starting transport at all here, just letting it run. When I stop transport after the first attempt I’ve also erased my loop to start again

I’m hopeful it’s just me misunderstanding something

5 Likes

What is generating the clock? Is there any MIDI clock anywhere in this setup?

no, just the Dwarf’s internal tempo tool and drum sequencer with host sync turned on

That should be pretty stable. I’ll try to reproduce here. I have a much simpler pedal board for host sync testing, but I’ll look at your board picture to see if something that you have in there will have any effect on the test.

2 Likes

Thank you for checking it out-- I really haven’t been using host sync because of it, but I’d love to. It happens on other boards as well, though I think all of them are fairly busy with various plugins, like this one…

1 Like

FWIW, I have had non-looperlative funkiness with host sync, like when using Cardinal (was dropping beats). Switching to an external MIDI clock always fixed those issues so I suspect there’s something going on in the firmware making the internal clock unstable.

2 Likes

Need a test that measures the quality of the host clock.

2 Likes

I don’t have a fix yet, but I have replicated the bug. There must be an error in the calculations because all works well at 120 BPM, but fails at many other BPM settings. I’ll need to get my calculator out and check the computations by hand and see where the error is.

UPDATE: I found the bug and will release a new version soon.

13 Likes

Oh wow! Fantastic!!! Looking forward to trying it out! Thank you for checking out my issue and for all your work on the LP3.

4 Likes

It is on the plugin store now. You can upgrade for the fix.

6 Likes

I would love to see the ability to map looperlative’s buttons to CV, so that it would be possible to control several parameters with one button ofthe device.

2 Likes

You can map to anything the MOD allows.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m on MDX 1.12 rc3 and latest looperative bugfix, but I cannot get the “part” function to work. It works sometimes for the second track, but very unreliable. Is it just me? Kind regards Imaginus.

1 Like

Part control or track/part control?

1 Like