Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi to everyone just getting started with my mod duo x does so much and I’m finding it easier then the Zoia that I did own

9 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Hi!

My name’s Artur and I’m a metal guitarist and also an Open-Source, DIY and engineering enthusiast, and software developer (front-end).
Currently I am dreaming about building a fully Open-Source, Linux based live rig after being frustrated with NDSP support and update frequency for Quad Cortex, which led me to the announcement post about MOD Desktop.
I just managed to setup MOD Desktop on my PC and I am absolutely blown away by how much value it provides for no charge. Huge thanks to everyone working on the numerous related projects. It’s just amazing. You are awesome!

9 Likes

Hi all, I’m John - I’m a guitarist, Chapman Stick player, and now a Harpejji player. Also play violin and piano, and voice. I have a Mod Duo X, which is meeting my needs - have set up a board - a few teething problems, but essentially all working well.

I had a good setup already, using an audio interface, iPad and AUM, with AUv3 plugins, but don’t want to use that for live playing, so decided to try a Mod device.

Many thanks to the developers and mods who have produced this hardware, software, and support!

12 Likes

Hi! I’m Fritz, guitarist, singer and occasional synth player. I play in a band called Cheeses of Mexico

I bought a mod dwarf to reduce the amount of gear I have to haul to gigs. So hopefully that will come true.

So far I’ve been enjoying the ride.

FritzPreformatted text

7 Likes

welcome! I think you’ll be able to achieve your goal :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. I’m Julian and I’m a multi-style violinist and composer based in Adelaide South Australia

6 Likes

Welcome Julian! I’m always surprised at how many non-guitarist find their way to the MOD. I guess I shouldn’t be, though :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is simone.
I am a robotics engineer and a long time user of C++, Python.
I play guitar as a hobby and was fascinated by the possibilities of mod dwarf.
I would like to contribute on the coding side.
Best regards.

9 Likes

Welcome Simone! We look forward to hearing your code :grin:

Ciao Simone

Great to see another stick player on the forum!
Hope things are going well with the Mod

1 Like

Hey everyone,
After having read many threads and also asked a few questions here, I think now is the time to introduce myself properly. My musical taste was formed by late 80s/early 90s hard rock and alternative rock bands. I have been playing the guitar for +35 years in several local bands over the years, but mostly at home for myself or with friends in the past few years. I have no programming skills, but enjoy learning new things. Oh, and I live in Bonn, Germany - so if anyone is also from the area, happy to connect for a jam session!

I got my Dwarf just under a week ago to tie it into the fx loop(s) of my HX Stomp and after a few days of trial and error, I finally got it to work - this opens up a whole new world of possibilities with little to no DSP restrictions. Very happy! Can’t wait to dive deeper into the possibilities of the device outside of my “old school” guitar thinking.

Here is a look at my setup, which will surely change over the upcoming weeks, but I thought it would be fun to share, in case anyone is interested.

I look forward to many fun exchanges here and possibly in real life. Rock on! :guitar:

11 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Norayr Kartashyan from Armenia. I’m very glad to join the forum a year after purchasing Mod x. I want to share with you my opinion about the device, it’s just fantastic what Mod x allows and I live in a free universe. In a year I’ve learned almost the most difficult things on the device, but I still can’t set up the bypass, I tried it in different ways and came to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the program. Please help, if it’s not difficult for you, please describe it step by step. Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

there are multiple ways of using the HW bypass, depending on what you want to accomplish:

Via the menu directly on the device:

https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Device_Settings#Hardware_Bypass

or

https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Duo_X_User_Guide#True_Bypass

In the GUI when using the browser:

https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/MOD_Web_GUI_User_Guide#True_Bypass

By installing this special plugin and addressing the bypass to the footswitch of your choice:

1 Like

Dear Gianfranco, I again can’t activate the bypass, when I briefly press the left endless button on the left screen, nothing changes and all the effects sound the same as before. Could this be a software error?

you need to press it and hold in order to enter the menu

Ok, after long press i go to menu and mapping quick bypass and an need to quik press right button for kill the effects. But after activating bypass at the menu go back and try to bypass, it’s not working, the sound like click comes but effrcts still working.

I even tried the other way as you recommended, do it by bypass pedal, which i connected with device and mapping with midi foot controller morningstar mc6 pro. Again no result, yes the sound like click comes but can’t have dry sound.

Hello, people of the world,

I’m Andreas, and I am a hobbyist guitarist from Sweden.
Came across the Dwarf on the interwebs and had to have it. I have been playing around with it for about two months, not really using it to its full potential yet. But it is very interesting, even though there is a big risk for option paralysis…

9 Likes