Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

@miss_demeanor , welcome Alice from another bass player! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, Alice

It is nice and somehow unexpected how many people from italy here

As we say in Rome: ā€œDajee!ā€ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I recently went for the 150ā‚¬ option and received my Dwarf yesterday.

I freaking love this thing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The UI on the pedal in control mode is so intuitive. The browser interface is great.
And it most definitely CHUGs! :metal::grin:

I already shared a very basic metal guitar pedalboard and I can imagine creating some more, because I feel, that the Metal guitar and bass players need some more to choose from in the online pedalboards. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks all for the warm welcome! <3

Elk_wrath Iā€™ve watched several of your videos over the past months, really like your music. Never even tried operating a Strega (translates to Witch in Italian!) because itā€™s so intimidating.

Zavorra one of our ā€œlittle clubā€ members was from Rome, and he was good with Daaaaaiiiiii(s). All others are/were from northern Italy. One has a Dwarf, all others have/had Duo Xs.

malfunction54 What is that bass youā€™re playing in the Funk video? Looks super cool.

Smanth Thanks for the welcome. My family has a long roster of NHS nurses, past and present. All currently overworked, underpaid and overstressedā€¦

Iā€™m here to talk shop with all members. Iā€™ve been visiting the forum for a long time but deferred asking questions to some of my fellow users here. Now, since the group is down to just the three of us, Iā€™ll be participating in the discussion. I have no intention of being a drag here but intend to push for a more decisive position from Mod Devices when it comes to the Duo X. Hope that doesnā€™t tick anyone off (gianfranco and friedsilence in special) but I believe our demands are fair and should be heard.

Thanks all.

(I had to remove all the quotes from my post due to some restriction for new members, sorry.)

9 Likes

Hi @miss_demeanor

Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here. And what a great moniker, btw :slight_smile:

As @Elk_wrath has stated, at the moment we lack the resources to be able to focus on two products and, due to a number of reasons, we opted to focus on the Dwarf. But we still support the Duo X to the best of our capacities. Is there something specific that youā€™d like to be addressed?

Not at all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey yā€™all, I was gonna come on here and ask a development question but I donā€™t have access. Could you help me out?

Or, if you prefer, the answer might be a one-liner: are plugins able to modify their own parameters?

1 Like

(When I say ā€œI donā€™t have accessā€, I mean I donā€™t have the ability to post anything yet)

1 Like

Hi @Jesse_Hufstetler

You need to participate a bit before the forum system grants you trust to create posts.

LV2 specs do not allow that, but @falkTX might be the best person to respond.

1 Like

trueā€¦ unless someone with slight powers raises your level manually! :wink:
ā€¦which i might have just done!.. :wink:

7 Likes

Hi there Everyone! I am new to the Aida-x forums and just finished a capture of my Peavey ValveKing VK100 head. so far pretty descent sound.

7 Likes

question how to post for models?

Hi @ReedDunn

We have a dedicated category for it: Model Sharing - MOD Audio Forum

Simply create a new post with the file attached and the relevant information regarding the capture (amp name, cab or no-cab, model weight, etc)

Looking forward to try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a 1998 Pedulla MVP-5. It has been my ā€œforeverā€ bass since 2002. I absolutely love it, but in my advancing age (ahem), it is beginning to cause some back strain.

Hi Gianfranco,

Thanks for the welcome.

Haha, thanks. But I confess it was not my ideaā€¦ It came actually from another Duo X user who used to live in the area and had this super sharp and witty sense of humour. My day job is spotting fraud in financial trading, so he said I was detective Miss Demeanor. That guy was the most prolific Mod user of all, a pity heā€™s now gone.

I donā€™t want to clutter this Intro thread with that. Iā€™ll wait until I can start them. In the meantime Iā€™ll post comments to existing topics.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am new to the forum and a new owner of a mod dwarf.
I am a hobby guitarist and look forward to integrate the device into my one man band type rig including a Roland GR55 and a TC Helicon VL3.
Had to install a driver as per the trouble shooting instructions to access the GUI. Very clear instructions made this easy. Since I have been enjoying exploring the capabilities and sounds which are good so far.
At the moment I cannot upload any files to the file manager e.g. specific amps for Aida X or sound files but will keep looking at this and post a thread when I have permission.
Thanks to Mod Devices and the developers of the plug ins for such good work.
Cheers

6 Likes

Welcome @Colin !

1 Like

cool thanks!just upload my Peavey VK100 head! :smile:

2 Likes

HI! my name is henri dā€™artois. i play guitar. iā€™m a composer and i also work in multi voices environment. i also love improvisation sarting from scratch. at this time my work turns around litterature and poetry associated with music and other sounds. i am 77 and i no longer may read Tintin wich is aloud fom 7 to 77ā€¦ :rofl:
my own DWARF arrived today! but unfortunately until now i could not connect it to bild any boardā€¦
incidentaly i live in the south of France, near Montpellier.
glad to be here!

10 Likes

Welcome Henri!

2 Likes

Welcome, or rather bienvenue Henri.

1 Like