Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

So yeah, been playing around with Cardinal Mini also when away from my Mod Duo but it’sVERY limited.
Wish it had way more modules ala mutible instruments

Hi everyone!!
Im thinking of getting a Dwarf to cover my delay, reverb and fx needs but as well as amp sim and experimental sounds.Looking forward to that!Ill be making a few Aida models as well!
Cheers!!

10 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

love that. And welcome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey all! Dusting off my older ModDUO to use in my studio. Looking forward to trying the new AIDA-X stuff!

5 Likes

Hi! I’ve been looking for a processor for my synths / guitars and the new aida-x amp modeler was what finally got me to buy a mod dwarf! I’m very excited to be part of this community! In general, I’ve played in punk and metal bands throughout my teens and twenties but have since primarily focussed on synths and theremin. I’ve amassed a pretty absurd pile of eurorack and other assorted synths (I spent the darkest part of the pandemic with a soldering iron building absolutely everything I could get my hands on!). I’m also a Max/MSP programmer so I’m excited to experiment with importing gen~ patches to this device! Anyway, nice to meet you all and looking forward to the adventure!

11 Likes

Welcome, fellow thereminist! I’m terrible at theremin at the moment, but I hope to improve in the coming years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, Theremin is so incredibly fun! My last show before the pandemic was playing in the New York Theremin Society’s Theremin Orchestra at an event called “Ambient Church” that was MC’d by Herb Deutsch (RIP) and Laurie Spiegel! Absolutely surreal…

1 Like

I totally missed out on the NYTS when I lived in that area :frowning:

1 Like

welcome to the community. Love to hear that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While I have your attention, maybe you guys can help. I can reply (obviously) but I can’t create new topics yet. I seem to not have Trust level 1. Any ideas on what I need to do? Thanks!

I bumped you manually to level 1

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi everybody!
my name is Stefan, I live in Berlin, and besides working as a software developer for a well know brand also from Berlin I DJ & I produce electronic music (manily Techno and House and sometimes a bit D&B).
I purchased a MOD DUO X second hand, and I hope to build some pretty stuff with it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey Stefan!

Welcome to the MOD Community!

Sounds like you produce stuff I’d be interested in hearing, I’m also one of the resident synth nerds and do synthwave/chillwave style stuff (around 85-110 bpm)

The MDX is a good choice, if you have any patchable gear, you’ll have some fun integrating your MDX with it.

If you want to use the CV ports, they take a 6.3mm TRS splitter to dual 3.5mm mono. I snagged a couple of cables from Harpoon cables.

The Midi/CV plugins are pretty useful depending on your setup.

Anyway, welcome, and feel free to ask questions!

3 Likes

Hi Stefan,

have you any experience in using the MOD as effect for a mixer?
I have here a really great Ecler Warm 2 and think about using a MOD DWARF as effect unit. But have no idea if that works. Should be able cause there are 2 channels and a lot stereo effect. But I’m quite unsure if normal mixer signal is not “to loud” for the input which are on Mic-level.

Stephan :slight_smile:

btw. Liebe Grüße nach Berlin aus dem Süden des Landes.

2 Likes

Hi @all,
as mentioned, I think about using a MOD DWARF as as effect in a DJ-setup. Currently I play vinyls and have an analogue mixer. Sounds brilliant but has no effects. So I’m wondering if I can use the MOD DWARF in the effect send-return.
While it got 2 channels, stereo should be no problem. I’m a bit unsure about the signal-level, because send-signal of a mixer is much higher than a normal mic or instrument signal.

Will be happy for any response…

Stephan

2 Likes

Hey @b.legt!

Welcome to the MOD community!

I have sent both line level, and instrument level through my MOD units without issue. I have always used my units for send/return/inserts out of my audio interface and bluebox mixer. I work with semi-modular, digital, and analog synths. With some experimentation and careful gain staging, I’ve always had good results.

The great thing about building your own pedalboard, is that you can install gain plugins and monitor your chains in real time with the GUI. Many people (myself included) will put gain plugins at the beginning, middle, and end of our chains to customize our gain staging.

It takes some time and patience, but once you assign your pedals onto the hardware, you’ll have easy access and control based on the needs you identify.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, you may need your permissions upgraded shortly before you start sharing links/photos/etc… and the community or MOD team will do their best to get an answer for you.

Enjoy your time here, and welcome!

2 Likes

THX a lot for the reply. Think I’m gonna buy me a DWARF and try it out.

3 Likes

Glad to help out!

I believe MOD is working on an onboarding guide for new users. In the case that it isn’t ready before you get a dwarf in hand, I would be more than happy to assist with any issues that pop up (at least within my knowledge base).

I have had some experience with troubleshooting common issues with my devices when I first started haha

1 Like