Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi guys! My name is Youssry Taha, I play Banjo & electric Banjo in multiple HipHop/Jazz/World music bands. I just got my Dwarf and am having a blast trying so many cool things out !

Love everything MOD so far <3

15 Likes

Hey @Youssry_Taha
That sounds like an interesting combo and I canā€™t wait to discover how you will use the Dwarf in your setup!

Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome to the MOD community!

Iā€™ve always loved banjo lol. Bluegrass is one of the few generes Iā€™ll listen to, I can thank my dad for making me watch ā€œO brother where art thouā€ a lot as kid.

Iā€™d love to see a MOD device take on a skilled banjo player!

3 Likes

Hey there!

I just got a Dwarf (again) and am absolutely loving it.

Itā€™s currently being used for a DIY project of MIDIfying an old Hammond transistor organ - keeping the classic spinet design, MIDIfying the keybeds and then triggering SetBfree with lots of different effects. Might not be the most popular thing to do with it but most dedicated Hammond modules cost way more and are not even close to the flexibility of the Dwarf.

Oh and itā€™s a great MIDI router/filter and might as well be used as an effects unit for my Irish Bouzouki as well as flute. :relaxed:

Iā€˜m a keyboard player for a hard rock tribute band and vocalist, flute/bouzouki/keyboard player, songwriter in an orchestral folk metal band aaand a few ambient/orchestral solo thingies.

Looking forward to ask a few silly questions here and joining the community. :wink:

Greetings,
The Blacksmith

16 Likes

Cool project! Welcome!

1 Like

I would love to see/hear a shot or two of your hammond setup with the Dwarf! Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Still got to figure a few things out regarding MIDI and Setbfree. Iā€™ll post the pedalboard here for sure!
Itā€™s currently being tested with my Nord Stage, as I donā€™t yet have the MIDI electronics for the keybeds and Iā€™m in no hurry. :wink:

Very cool project! Do you or will you have some videos on YouTube about that?

2 Likes

Planning on doing so but not specific plans at the moment. Iā€™m documenting everything with photos and some videos, so the material is there.

2 Likes

Here I am, now in my 50sā€¦ Letā€™s buy an electric guitar, just like when I was 18ā€¦
Aaaandā€¦ Dā€™OH, whatā€™s that thing? It has a name straight out of the Lord Of The Ringsā€¦ And can forge thousands of soundsā€¦ And it runs Linux!!!SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

My midlife crisis brought be here to have fun, learn something and maybe help others

G

13 Likes

I think that triple goal of yours kinda nails it! :smiley:
Welcome!

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Simon from Leeds, UK. Backed the Dwarf on Kickstarter and finally got my Founders Edition. Iā€™ve got a week off work and Iā€™m trying to get my head round everything - itā€™s a steep learning curve for a guy who started in the 80s with an Ibanez Artist, a chorus, a distortion and a flanger.

Hoping to get some help on here. First thing Iā€™m looking for is an auto-expression/swell effectā€¦

8 Likes

Welcome fellow guitarist!

Perhaps it is best to create a separate topic about this in the Plugins category
(That we can can keep the ā€œwelcomeā€ thread on-topic) and we can address your questions in the new thread you made.

1 Like

@Simon_Hall Feel free to ask in the forum if you need information. Lot of helpful people here.

2 Likes

Maybe this pedalboard could help Auto Pad - MOD Audio

4 Likes

hi everyone, Iā€™ve been looking for a year and a half for an emulation pedal that adds value to my music: Iā€™ve always played with a classical guitar with two outputs -one made by me- on an old yamaha amp -Yamaha TA-60- 1970s piano with built-in spring reverb and tremolo, plus a proco rat pedal and a very noisy 90s zoom analog fuzz. I was looking for a more comfortable solution as the amp is very heavy, noisy and tiring and I needed new forms of expression. I bought, tc plethora, then hx stomp -incredible effects of course-, nux mg 30 and finally a headrush gigboard. All of them with good emulations, some very similar and others mediocre. When I finally seemed satisfied with the headrush gigboard, the proco rat, a line 6 m5 pedal and an expression pedal, the MOD DWARF appeared on thomann, I researched it, it looked interesting and I bought it. It has broken all my expectations - I sold the headrush - and it is changing the way I make music and how to show it to others, obviously there are things to improve but it seems like a constantly evolving product: only the convolution reverbs are worth the pedalā€¦Iā€™m a fan of reverbs and to my ears they sound spectacularā€¦itā€™s like having ALTIVERB 7 at your feet -literally-ā€¦the new AIDA DSP amp sounds great even though thereā€™s still work to be doneā€¦, the guitar synyhs, drums, looper, MIDI, VEU, shiro effects .etcā€¦etcā€¦
I have a unique feeling that I can do a lot by experimenting with the pedal and seeing what the community creates - pretty crazy stuff from what I see -
finally I think that MOD AUDIO has a treasure in the hands that few of us share and it should reach many more people to make the project biggerā€¦ a little more just hehe, this community spirit is beautiful and alternative to the most brands commercialā€¦

16 Likes

hi
currently Iā€™m An AXEFX3 user, but fed up the support isnā€™t willing to introduce some further ā€˜envelope followersā€™. so, the AxeFx features one envelope follower on input 1 only,
but I need at least one for a second input (would be input 2), as I donā€™t play bass nor guitar with it but Chapman Stick, which all if you might know has two Signals. And yh, i need it for some Auto-wahā€™sā€¦
Long story short - AxeFx3 costs 2500 minimum but is usable for single output instruments only.
boy, if I would have known that earlier!

are the MOD Devices more capable of that you know?

1 Like

Hello, AxeFxIII user here too. I profiled an amp block with envelope follower for gain for use it with Aida-X and it works!
@Kopplog

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s some promising news.
Would you be willing to clone that signal-flow within your build for a second signal, eg.
INPUT 2 >> EnvelopeFollower2 >> AmpSim2 >> Output 2?

thanks a thousand times

JFY-all-Iā€¦
thiis would be my complete flowchart needed (AxeFx3 is not able for yet, BTW):

INPUT 1 >> Envelope Follower1 >> Filter >> CabSim1 >> Output 1
INPUT 2 >> EnvelopeFollower2 >> Filter >> CabSim2 >> Output 2

@Kopplog Welcome to this great community!

Please donā€™t double post though; please continue the debate on the envelop filters/followers in the other thread you created:

More than 1 EnvelopeFollowers?

2 Likes