Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

hey @SamIAm have you checked to be sure your mac isn’t assuming https?? i ran into that recently, and had to make sure it’s just http!

cheers!

3 Likes

Hiya, @jpk_dk

Yeah, I tried that more than once! All sorted now, though, I think!
Cheers, mate and thanks!

2 Likes

Hiya, @SamIAm

It seems the Dwarf had be reconfigured for Windows use, so that all sorted now. I’ve just gotta get my head around using it now :crazy_face: :rofl:

Thanks, mate!

2 Likes

Cheers, @Techno. All sorted now. Although I’m sure I’ll find other issues to deal with, ha!

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Kevin. I’m a guitar player (and linux user). I recently installed the MOD Desktop App on my computer, and I must say that it is by far the best guitar software I’ve seen on linux. I’ve used Guitarix in the past, and even though it has recently become excellent compared to what it was 8 or 9 years ago, I much prefer what you’ve done with the MOD software. I have some paid stuff (Tonelib GFX, and Audio Assault’s Amp Locker), but I actually like your software much better. The user interface is incredible! Just like a real pedalboard. Herman Brummer and the rest of the developers are just geniuses!

I also dabble in playing keyboards, so I’m quite pleased to see that plugins for synths are included.

I have couple of questions if I may:

I was looking at Patchstorage, and found some plugins there that are awesome, but I can’t get the Guitarix plugins to load. It says “Error loading effect”. The “stock” Guitarix plugins will load, but they don’t have a GUI; you have to access the controls in “settings”. When I Googled the error message, I went down the “how to build a plugin” rabbit hole (I’m not really a programmer; I’ve written a few python scripts for micro-controllers and bash scripts) with the thought that I might try to figure some of this out. I sort of understand most if the build process (conceptually), but can’t find anything that explains what ```
is. Is this just an LV2 plugin that hasn’t gone through the MOD build process that tacks on a GUI and stuff? If so, I might give a go at trying to “MOD”-ify some plugins to see if they can run on the MOD ecosystem when I get a little spare time…

At any rate, great job, guys and gals! Love your work.

Looking forward to being a long time MOD fan!

-Kevin

7 Likes

Hi,

I’m Jean-Loup, a sound engineer, guitar player and sunday “dev” from France. I’m specialized in spatial audio technologies, and am involved in several project around that, either as a consultant for brands, as a musician or as a teacher.

I’m using the Mod Dwarf on my pedalboard to handle the last part of the signal chain : power-amp simulation, delay, echoes and all of the stuff. I’ve opted for this hardware because of its openess and many great feature such as Faust and Pd support.

Right now I’m working on some complex setup toward spatial sound with guitar FX and I hope to find some help on this forum :wink:

11 Likes

Welcome to the community! Would love to see your setup before the Dwarf (drives and distortions) a and also any pedalboard you’d like to share.

Hi and thank you ! I’d love to share my setup, what would be the best place to post this ?

2 Likes

Would love to see it!

2 Likes

Hiyas.

I’m a drummer and Chapman stick artist, recently given a serious case of GAS by a pedalboard builder. :laughing:

I’m here to get to know the Mod Dwarf and to be inspired by all you crazies on this forum.
The stick has a split stereo pick up, so it’s begging for me to organise my sounds.
I’ve noticed that Dean Kobyashi is on the Mod Youtube, in case any other stickists are curious. That certainly gave me more confidence in wanting to hook into the Mod world of sounds. Trey Gunn sealed the deal. #_#

[type or paste code here](https://youtu.be/CESLYo1o_nE?si=uRyxM-Jw2SE2Kyin)

Be patient with me as i get used to the forum interface.

Lotsa luv,
Stickrad

7 Likes

Welcome!

Welcome! If I’m not mistaken there are at least a handful of Stick artists here on the forums!

1 Like

Hola!!! Un gusto de saludaros a todos,

Mi nombre es Marcelo, soy de Chile y mi instrumento musical es la guitarra.

He visto tutoriales y en algunos sitios de plugin y simuladores me encuentro con la sorpresa de que el pedal mod dwarf soporta NAM en formato nano y me interesa mucho obtener buenos sonidos y de calidad.

Estoy recién comenzando a conocer este programa y acabo de comprar el MOD Dwarf, y deseo poder ir aprendiendo de la experiencia de todos.

Muchas gracias!

2 Likes

Bienvenido Marcelo!

Hi Stickrad,

Welcome to the forum, and the Dwarf! As a fellow stick player I’ve found the Dwarf to be the perfect tool for my purposes (your mileage may vary!). There are a few stick players (and other tappers) in this space so do shout if you have any issues or questions.

Ian

1 Like

Hey Ian.

Thanks for the hearty welcome. I’ll be sure to reach out to you another stickists. It’s a big new world of sound innovation and I’m looking forward to taking the plunge.
I’ll chat with yas, when I come up for air. #_#

Cheers,
Stickrad

Hi Thym.

Looking forward to hearing your sounds. :dart::hotsprings:

Hi everybody! My name is Carlos, from Spain. I just got a Mod Duo and I am barely getting into it. Much excited about its possibilities even though I barely scratch its surface. I have a lot of equipment, and I´m not much into modeller and FRFR (i was for a while and got tired of it) but I´m willing to use it as my ambient, looper, glitch delay thing in my guitar rig. I also make a living as a sound designer so It will get quite some use in that field.

Cheers everybody

7 Likes

Bienvenido Carlos! Can’t wait to see your pedalboards with the Duo.

Thanks!