Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @Gijsbreght_van_Doorn

You do it directly on the Dwarf, by adjusting the input gain: Dwarf Device Settings - MOD Wiki

1 Like

If increasing gain doesn’t work due to lifting the noise floor, my recommendation for the microphone is using an XLR to TRS Lo-Z to Hi-Z transformer.

I use one for my dynamic mic input into my MDX for when I record videos using MOD products.

1 Like

That’s helpfull! Thank you.
The settings for audio input…are they caught in the pedalboard?
Or is this an overall setting?

Hi @Gijsbreght_van_Doorn
Yes, as @gianfranco wrote I manage this directly in the Dwarf. I have no noise problem with that.

1 Like

So I have to send patches to the MOD plugin and I can’t edit them in the GUI??

What do you mean by this?

I’m not sure if you knew but Surge XT and Vital both run on Linux. So I’m pretty sure they’d run on Mod Devices

Yes I know :wink:

Thanks for the feedback anyway :smiley:

I do believe that’s correct :slight_smile:

Just a general warning that beta plugins have not been tested or vetted in any meaningful way, and often don’t have a nice UI.

There has been some brief discussion on this Apparently, there has been some effort to build SurgeXT as an LV2 plugin, but there are some unspecified issues that prevent it from working as expected. Unless a plugin can be built as an LV2 plugin, it won’t work on a MOD unit until support for other plugin formats (VST, CLAP, etc.) is added.

It is possible to use Surge XT as modules with the Cardinal plugins. Best to start off with Cardinal mini and learn by experimenting, before moving on to Cardinal. Unless you have some experience with VCV rack or Eurorack modular. It’s a huge universe of possibilities and learning. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Taco. I’m totally new here, and totally ignorant about everything with my Mod Dwarf (or everything related to music/sounds on a computer). I received my unit some time ago, but haven’t been able to try/configure/use it. I started to read the Wiki docs and will give it a first try this weekend. My initial goal is to use it for effects in the FX Loop of my amp … I hope not to tricky … Simple Chorus, Delay and Reverb actionable as a “Scene” or with the 3 footswitches as on/off for each effect … Possible ?
Looking forward to discover more and contribute wherever I can.
I wish you a nice evening and weekend, Taco

9 Likes

Welcome @Taco1963 ! I think you’ll find the Dwarf will more than meet your needs. I actually use mine as both “in front of the amp” and in the FX loop, since each input/output is an independent audio channel. As far as the 3 footswitches, the leftmost is not generally assignable to a function, as it is used to navigate the current pedalboard. It will make more sense once you dive into it this weekend. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m a guitarist and mod dwarf enthusiast.
Hope to gain some knowledge and tricks here to play with my mod.

8 Likes

Welcome in @Sharkalash :slight_smile: feel free to ask anything

Correction! With the latest version of Cardinal mini, you can indeed create patches via the MOD UI. Mini has a somewhat smaller selection of modules, but appears to be quite usable. I believe the plugin requires a browser that supports Web Assembly. I’ve got it working in Firefox.

2 Likes

So yeah, been playing around with Cardinal Mini also when away from my Mod Duo but it’sVERY limited.
Wish it had way more modules ala mutible instruments

Hi everyone!!
Im thinking of getting a Dwarf to cover my delay, reverb and fx needs but as well as amp sim and experimental sounds.Looking forward to that!Ill be making a few Aida models as well!
Cheers!!

10 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

love that. And welcome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey all! Dusting off my older ModDUO to use in my studio. Looking forward to trying the new AIDA-X stuff!

5 Likes

Hi! I’ve been looking for a processor for my synths / guitars and the new aida-x amp modeler was what finally got me to buy a mod dwarf! I’m very excited to be part of this community! In general, I’ve played in punk and metal bands throughout my teens and twenties but have since primarily focussed on synths and theremin. I’ve amassed a pretty absurd pile of eurorack and other assorted synths (I spent the darkest part of the pandemic with a soldering iron building absolutely everything I could get my hands on!). I’m also a Max/MSP programmer so I’m excited to experiment with importing gen~ patches to this device! Anyway, nice to meet you all and looking forward to the adventure!

11 Likes

Welcome, fellow thereminist! I’m terrible at theremin at the moment, but I hope to improve in the coming years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, Theremin is so incredibly fun! My last show before the pandemic was playing in the New York Theremin Society’s Theremin Orchestra at an event called “Ambient Church” that was MC’d by Herb Deutsch (RIP) and Laurie Spiegel! Absolutely surreal…

1 Like