Getting ready for new LP3 release

Releasing a new version after some more testing this week:

• Improved the operation of the Loop Multi button.
  • Fixed bugs in the original web UI that was done for me.
  • Replaced the original web UI background with a new background.
  • Added ability to choose internal or external MIDI clock source.

27 Likes

Great @looperlative! thanks to keep improving this very nice plugin…

please have a look to this problem when sync to the Host: with long loops (4 bars for example) the reaction is not the same with all BPM. For example with 100 or 120 BPM, after closing the loop just before the end of the 4th bar, the 4 bars are looped. But if I do the same with 95, 110 or 127 BMP only 3 bars are looped, although after some cycles it looks again the 4 bars are looped !?

I´m running the latest version of looperlative.

5 Likes

@fer I’ll take a look.

UPDATE: I reproduced the issue. Will now go and debug it.

UPDATE: Located it. It was a simple math error which was fine for 1 measure, but failed for multiple measures. Fix will be in this week’s release. I just have a bit more testing before I call the release good.

13 Likes

The new version is out. Feel free to upgrade your LP3.

15 Likes

Can`t wait to try it !!!

2 Likes

Hi @looperlative,
Can you give us details about this improvement ?
By the way, I like the new UI background.
Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

There were a few timing oddities that would cause misinterpretation of button presses. For example, from empty to recording and from recording to play/overdub, there is no need to interpret a double tap or long press. So, the tap timer is reset in these situations allowing the possibility of a shorter record time. I think that there was one other similar change but off the top of my head, I don’t remember what it was.

BTW, for the last few weeks. The mod plugin is the only looper that I have been using for my personal music. I really want to make this plugin be the best experience possible.

18 Likes

Me too. :slight_smile:
What is really nice with the Dwarf and the LP3 is that you can create some kind of trio band pedalboard. Thanks to the 2 tracks, I can create a short drum loop with a MIDI keyboard on track 1 and use track 2 for a bass line with Drop and a guitar chord progression. And we’re off for endless solos with the most patient rhythm section.

That’s nice to read. I hope I won’t bother you with my frequent suggestions. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @looperlative,
I have an issue with the new update : the Track/Part button doesn’t switch tracks anymore. A short and a long press both switch parts.

Yep, I discovered it. I already submitted an update to MOD and they have updated the store. Please upgrade again.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update! Can you please explain “MIDI clock source” a bit more? What does it change exactly? How is it releated to record mode? MOD host has similar switch - clock can come from the host or from the midi input, does LP3 add 3rd possiblitly, generating clock within itslelf?

1 Like

Also an issue with double-tapping “loop button”: it doesn’t register most of the time, quickly switches from dub to play and back instead. Maybe once per ~5 attempts it stops the track as expected.
Cannot say if it’s this release or older, I didn’t try this feature before

1 Like

It stops at the end of the loop instead of right away. This gives a predictable stopping point.

4 Likes

The MOD has 2 different sources for MIDI clock.

The physical MIDI in port on the MOD device can have MIDI clock from another physical device: computer, looper, another MOD. This is the external MIDI.

On web GUI, there is a virtual MIDI connector on the LP3. That can be attached to the MIDI out of another device on your virtual pedal board. For example, 2 LP3s can be connected via MIDI to synchronize them. This is the internal MIDI.

6 Likes

This has to be in manual. It feels wrong, when you press it and nothing happens. Maybe if some LED would signal “about to stop” status, would be easier… Also normal stop button stops immediately.

But still, this doesn’t 100% work: about half of the attempts dont stop even at the end of the loop.

But if you set it to internal here:
is it still external for LP3 ?

For me, I get reliable double tap recognition. However, in the past I have experienced situations where the tap is not full enough and it isn’t sent to the plugin. It is quite possible that this is the situation for you. Unfortunately, this is not under control of the plugin. I’m certainly open to suggestions.

Yes, the sync control that you are looking at connects the external MIDI to the host sync. Specifying external on the LP3 directly connects the external MIDI to the LP3 allowing the LP3 to directly maintain synchronization with the external clock.

1 Like

I’m sure plugin receives it - it visibly goes from play to overdub and back, just doesn’t stop:
GIF 18-02-2023 19-03-48

I’m not 100% sure, but this might depend on extenal midi. It seems to behave more stable when external transport is stopped

Ok. Now I’m 90% sure. This happens when external midi is running. There are more oddities connected to this, which I’m not sure how to describe yet - sth wrong with Parts. I’ll describe it better later, but certainly it gets better as soon as I stop external seqencer.

1 Like

Do you have the MIDI input on the LP3 plugin connected to something? Have you tried disconnecting it?

Bob