Freezer - freeze your tone forever

some time ago @falkTX talked about preparing a “manual” on how to i can get it there, but he probably doesn’t have time for that yet, we have to be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

correct. and it also ties on the hvcc + dpf toolset being prepared by @dreamer.

we need to have a way to do fully automated, reproducible builds first, which is the main blocker at the moment.

I expect at some point of us to have something similar to GitHub - moddevices/max-gen-plugins: Collection of MAX gen~ based audio plugins used in MOD Audio
but how it will exactly work is to be defined still

1 Like

Good news, the initial setup for this is done!
See GitHub - moddevices/hvcc-plugins: Collection of hvcc based audio plugins used in MOD Audio for the repository that we can use to hold these plugins.
I added EP-MK1 from another author as a test of the framework, it builds and runs on the dwarf with fully automated builds :slight_smile:
(with an added bonus of builds through github actions generating stuff for macOS and Windows too, because why not, DPF and hvcc allow it)

For you a first step is to add your hvcc based pd file alike the existing EP-MK1 as a pull request to this repo.
The readme provides a little description of what is needed, just a “plugin.pd” and a “plugin.json” file in a subdir named as “BrandName-PluginName”.
Let me know if you need help on that.

10 Likes

Nice, yesterday night i add pull request for Freezer plugin and i have some questions :slightly_smiling_face:.

• what about custom ttl files and gui files?
  • is there way to make source of plugin non public?

thanks

to be handled separately, eventually. need to have at least 1 plugin that needs it so I can setup the parts needed for it.
or just fake it through the existing examples.

yes, though it complicates things a bit.
you need to fork the repo, make it private, then commit your files there without ever doing a pull request.
add me as collaborator in the repo so I can help with some of the little extra setup. (or dont, but then you are on your own for trying to figure things out of course)

to avoid conflicts I really recommend to not change any existing files, only add new ones for your plugins.
that makes it much easier to pull fixes from the original repo into yours.

2 Likes

Thanks good to know there is a way to make it private, but for now i dont care :slightly_smiling_face:.

You see my pull request for Freezer?

Freezer is plugin which want custom ttl files and gui, files for that, you can download it up in first post.

that is cool, the possibility to make commercial plugins with this is there, DPF as used by hvcc already has the integration needed to make that happen.
but a potential something for later I guess.

regarding the pull request, there is nothing in Pull requests · moddevices/hvcc-plugins · GitHub yet.

1 Like

hmm interesting, maybe i doing something wrong, i will try it again after i come back from work. thanks

1 Like

it’s working now, what next step? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

give me some time to deal with this, will make sure to import your custom ttl and modgui while at it.
maybe next week, but no promises.

you think it is good already to be going to beta store?

5 Likes

Guys, I LOVE THIS PLUGIN!!!

3 Likes

No problem, it’s great that you are dealing with it at all. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know its nothing special on this plugin, maybe this version not, i will prepare some update, like add layer feature and ability to change sample length.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth I’ve been using the latest version posted in this thread for practice as well as a public performance with no issues whatsoever.

5 Likes

I need to try this one to see if I can minimize my setup even more. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Zdravim, doufam, ze se bude libit, nyni pracuji na vylepseni, kde pribude moznost vrstveni zvuku. Dej mi pak urcite vedet, zda se ti libi zvuk co z toho leze. Dik :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I hope you like it, I am currently working on an improvement where the possibility of sound layering will be added. Then be sure to let me know if you like the sound of it. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ahoj, otestuji a určitě dám zpětnou vazbu :wink:

1 Like

Please keep the language on the forum in English so that everybody can participate.

2 Likes

Hey, little teaser of new update, i hope next week i release it.

24 Likes

Good news, everyone!
The time for testing is here. List of news.

Layers - working in two mode, 1-5 layers( like Gamechanger Audio Plus Pedal) or inf mode( like EHX Superego).
Layers volume - controls how much reducing volume of previous layers.

Under hood options

Sample length - default sample length is 1s but now it can be reduced to 200ms, but it reducing quality of freez tone too.
Decay x10 - multiple decay time up to 20s.
Speed - control speed of playing freez tone, if lowering it, pitch going down and vice versa.
Current step - is experimental knob, freezer have 6 sample buffer and with this knob you can change actual played sample.

20 Likes

Thank you Jacube, your plugins are amazing, and I’m sure like everyone else we really appreciate you pushing the boundaries.

Can’t wait to see what else you can come up witj

3 Likes