Dwarf reboot

After I fill out my address it says continue to payment and there’s no spot to put in discount code (voucher) like there was for my first purchase. I’ve also tried this on chrome with same result. This is on payment screen after entering billing info

2 Likes

hi @Helmanfrow !

like @jon says, the €150 voucher offer was a way to secure fulfillment of your Dwarf as early as possible (from the first assembly run after the company reboot). don’t worry; your crowdfunding order is still in place, and will be filled as the company is able, after this initial “sprint”! …this was a way of getting Dwarves out quickly to folks who were eager, while helping the company to accumulate some working cash. besides the Kickstarter update, i received an email on September 24, 2022 from @gianfranco explaining the whole process – i believe that email went out to all crowdfunding backers, so you should have seen that as well. :man_shrugging:

anyways, to answer your other question, these were my import charges:

HST on the device itself: CAD 28.25
UPS Brokerage fee: CAD10.00
HST on Brokerage: CAD1.30

…hope that all helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, I found the email. It seems I read it and forgot the details.
My apologies.

Do you have any sense of when I can expect the unit?

1 Like

Thanks, I’m relieved to know that it’s only forty dollars. I was afraid it’d be a lot more.

Yeah, like I told Jon, above, I saw the email but the content somehow eluded my long-term memory.

3 Likes

Likely is Shopify not showing the field due to an issue that we had with the vouchers setup.
I shared more info here: Voucher issue - #6 by jon

2 Likes

We are continuing this week with Founders Edition for all remaining opt-ins we have from the surveys.

Last week we shipped only a few as we ran out of packaging, but the refill comes tomorrow. It was actually confirmed for 4 weeks ago, but the supplier could not finish before their holidays break. Also we now have our QC and fulfillment assistant back from longer sickness, so more capacity here plus more time left for @jon to support and inform you.

@danimourinho showing a live graph about progress is tricky, you need to consider the BOM tree with various suppliers who organize their work at their sole discretion. I would love to have real time info from all of them as well, but beside a few things like device registration and shipment tracking (very misleading sometimes also), I only get it when actually calling suppliers, forwarders or customs authorities. Reporting all that including dependencies and uncertainties would be confusing for most externals and take time.

Anyways we are almost there, e-mails will go out over the course of this week. The stock backers see at the check-out is basically the real-time info for the consolidated last stage: Dwarfs which passed final QC and everything else including fulfillment personal in-place, minus the units already taken by other backers.

11 Likes

And how are things going with retail? Is there enough interest from vendors to fill their stock and sell the Dwarf on the market as well?

(for the stability of MOD it’s quite essential that this part of the business is healthy of course)

6 Likes

Good so far @dreamer, yet we rely on steady growth after the initial reboot phase, as planned.

We have successfully reactivated our channel in the EU and entered Japan with a new distributor deal. For both areas we have fulfilled initial orders. In the EU we are in most shelves again already. In the US it’s a bit more complicated, but we have important progress there too. A press release is in preparation with more details.

Moving forward we need sell-through to get refill orders or customer pull to convince new dealers to list us. Our reverb special shall drive that in Q1. I believe it’s as important, that the new Dwarf owners and the whole MOD Community is spreading the word or supporting videos.

6 Likes

Hi, do you have an idea already how long it will take to process the indiegogo special plugins perk vouchers?
I still have some open amount from the latest commitment, but the most wanted plugins for me are actually part of the igg perk (e.g. LP3 looper, Veja Titan), so I have already purchased them once…

2 Likes

The vouchers related with the 150€ should be out a few days after you order the device maximum. We process them in a bulk, so if you happen to be the first from some window and we have problems with follow up shipments like @friedsilence explained that we are having now, this can end up taking a couple of weeks. Feel free to ping me if it takes longer.
The new version of the old tier vouchers should take us a bit longer, so the special offers. This is still quite a time consuming manual process both for me and @falkTX and we are prioritizing a system that makes it a bit more streamlined and allow the licenses to be processed soon after the device is shipped.
At this point this requires me to merge quite a lot of information so we also fix things on the missing people (we know some are waiting for a few month on this, and I’m really sorry for that). But as soon as that is done, things hopefully will move faster.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
I understand it takes a lot of manual work from you, so it will take some time.
I have already received the 150€ voucher codes (and have used the first one).

I’m thinking of buying LP3 licence now but to be honest, I don’t really feel like spending money for that licence twice, as I’ve already paid for this (and some more very good) plugins with the Indiegogo pledge (“Premium Plugins Pack”).
It’s a bit annoying since a lot of the online Pedalboards use one or more of these plugins, so most of the good ones are in Trial mode for now although I’ve already bought these in July 2020.

That’s why I’m asking how much waiting time I should calculate.
I’m very happy to finally have my Dwarf shipped to me, but now I’m getting even more impatient to get ALL the functionality… :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @friedsilence for the update. Keep up the good work.

Glad to hear you have another team member back in the office, hope that eases things for you – and @jon specifically.

Also nice to hear about the Reverb special, is it already on? I did a search and only found used units for sale. Maybe Perfect Circuit would again wish to sell MOD units?

(@dreamer, did you not receive the communication from Gianfranco regarding sales and the upcoming meeting for investors? There you’ll find more detailed info about sales.)

4 Likes

I wanted to say thank you to the team - I noticed that the plugins I bought a few years ago for my Duo were listed as “Purchased” in the store on my Dwarf. I appreciate you transferring the licenses over so I can continue enjoying them without needing to use any of the voucher credit.

4 Likes

The reverb special is not with Reverb.com (like in 2021) but about the effect type @QuestionMarc. We are creating plugins, factory pedalboards, documentation and promotion to show what MOD can do in terms of reverb.

Promo is not launched yet, but we are close. Here’s also an option to participate in a video:

4 Likes

Gotcha!! My bad! :flushed:

A Reverb.com shop could be a good venue for new units, although their fees just increased very badly.

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused about what plugins I should have available from being part of the original Kickstarter campaign (Tier 3 in the '21 survey, don’t remember details).
From the emails I have, I should be seeing “Guitarix Cream Machine, Shiroverb mkII Reverb, Shiro Gaffa Tape Delay, Mesa Boogie Cabsim, Looperlative two-track advanced looper…”
All of these are appearing as “TRIAL” (well, the ones I can find - LP3 is called basic, not sure if it’s the same - would really like to have this but don’t want to spend vouchers on it if it should be free!)
Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find anywhere in the UI where I can associate my device with my email (or is there a MOD account I need to register somewhere, all I have is a login for this forum?).
Let me know if it’s better to create a new thread for this, not sure if it’s specific to the founder devices or not - if there’s a sticky related to this let me know!

2 Likes

You are not doing anything wrong, for now the process to give this licenses is still manual so it goes very slowly. To make it more convenient to everyone else, we are in the process of semi-automating this task, which delays the giving out of the KS plugins but once things are set up on our side everyone will get their licenses all at once.
If there is no news about this in 2 weeks, feel free to personally ping me.

5 Likes

Ah, I see, thanks! So how long are we talking, days, weeks? Just so I have done idea of when to get back on touch?

1 Like

ah sorry! I meant to write on my reply “in 2 weeks” but totally forgot.

4 Likes

Those founders edition units are the ones who paid the extra 150 or do you mean the rest of them?
If it’s the first, When is expected to be fullfilling the rest of Kickstarter orders?

Thank you

1 Like