More brainstorming. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Similar to how Synergy Amps makes modular amps and works with various manufacturers, MOD Audio could too! I already solicited a pedal maker to make plugins for the MOD Ecosystem. It would be great to get others on board (literally, hah!).
Official. Paid for with multi-effects units as is now or included in the base cost of a singularly focused device. Separating out to a suite of different pedals might make this easier to get companies to agree to. Plus, people are already used to paying $250-500 for one box.
Don’t undervalue even if it doesn’t cost, say, $300 to make a pedal. Take the extra money to cover software development and design, order larger quantities of supplies, and promotion. I think it’d be cool to offer discounts if a person is buying numerous pedals at once.
I imagine newer Arm CPUs would be good to use for these. Low power usage plus good processing without having to, nor being expected to, preform every trick in the book all at once. Perhaps a notebook grade AMD CPU for the larger units.
As I mentioned, having different form factors: rack unit, mini PC, stompbox, tabletop FX unit, all appeal to and fit in with different workflows for different audiences. That’s why they exist in the first place.
Maybe the tabletop synth space is covered with Zynthian and the Synthström Deluge. I don’t know. Maybe some of these groups can work together.
My brain is sputtering. I think I was going somewhere else with this but, I need a break from the computer. lol.