Content Exchange

Wow! Awesome!

4 Likes

Pretty pretty cool man! Thank you so much for sharing! Iā€™m enjoying it a lot

4 Likes

Thanks guys !!!

4 Likes

hey @Rom ā€¦ beautiful writing, and really lively and imaginative playingā€¦ thanks a lot for sharing!

5 Likes

Hey guys - Iā€™ve been rediscovering my fretless bass and combing it with the Dwarf and the Hologram Electronics Microcosm - posted a load of new mellow jams on my Instagram page so feel free to check them out here - this one Iā€™m playing a synth via the Launchpad X in the Dwarf then looping that in the Microcosm

11 Likes

Here is a tiny desk audition I did with artist Case Watson!

I used the dwarf mainly for modulation and fuzz of the electric violin tone :blush:

13 Likes

@MikeFlynnBass thanks for sharing. For other users I can really recommend Mikeā€™s page! Besides of an awesome bass player his mix of bass and electronics and improvisation is normally just awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks @Avery_Devine also for sharing (and good luck on the contests :wink: )
You are using a MOD Dwarf on the violin, right?

5 Likes

Thanks so much Joao :pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Really lovely to see some vocals on the sharing thread.

I love it.

Same with you @MikeFlynnBass!

I think itā€™ll be a considerable amount of time before I record and share again.

Iā€™m hella stoked to see the new art from yaā€™ll!

Hope you are all doing well!

4 Likes

Yup! Thatā€™s me in the back on a mod dwarfed violin!

5 Likes

Quite interesting @Avery_Devine :slight_smile:
I would be really curious to watch a video (even simple phone style video) explaining a bit how do you use the Dwarf with the violin and a bit of your ā€œgo toā€ pedalboards and effects :wink:
Challenge accepted? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Video isnā€™t my forte, but Iā€™ll try to put something up within the next few days!

5 Likes

No worries :slight_smile: even a simple phone video will ā€œkillā€ the curiosity :wink:

2 Likes

Well I really wanted to just play with some sound.

I need to tweak my water drop sound a bit more, but I ended up creating a nature soundscape.

Maybe youā€™ll like it, maybe you wonā€™t!

I suck with naming, so ā€œForestā€ it is.

This was the set up for the track. Each synth has its own role.

I pulled the SQ-64 out of the set up, and used the duox to provide clock, sequence pitch one of my stregas, an DAHDSR envelope to control the activation of said strega, and finally, a simple Fomp reverb to add some cave sound to it. I recorded the raw lane, and the effects lane, and then overlaid them before I created the simple video.

Hope all is well with you all!

P.S.

Apologies for the electrical warble in the back of the track, it eventually vanishes when things begin to play haha

11 Likes

Da man is baaaaaaaack! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :tada: :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Lol questionable, but I had this idea in my head as soon as Jon mentioned music for bats haha.

I am really enjoying the sound exploration currently. Good chance I will not post an actual beat track for a while.

I am actually partially deaf (artillery and gunfire really destroy hearing, didnā€™t help 3M sold faulty ear pro to the govt while I was serving), so I hear things differently than what I post, and I often wonder about that lol

Soundscapes are safe for me to explore as a general rule.

I hope itā€™s foggy soon so I can listen to this track on a drive

Edit:

I need MOD to know that the envelopes provided in the plugins are one of the most useful utilities I have for my gear. Stregas are echo/drone machines, but the duox allows me to make it a real synth.

Make a CV expander for the platform pretty please. I would love to have more external CV control with this powerhouse of a unit :slight_smile: especially now that cardinal is on the platform.

5 Likes

Is there a ā€œshow us your rigā€ thread? I want to see how everyone is using their MOD!

2 Likes

If you would like to see a fool and his limited money, by all meansā€¦

This isnā€™t all of it, as I have a separate table of unused gear. Including a dwarf lol

Generally I work with my gear in a rotational setting. So the things in the photo arenā€™t what I generally use, just some of the gear I have. Some tracks need a sequencer, and Iā€™ll bring out the octatrack, PE tracker, noodlebox (fantastic at creating custom modulators), SQ-64/SQ-1, or even a mod device.

Iā€™ll be boxing a lot of stuff to sell soon.

This track in particular really only required a sequencer for the ā€œleadā€ strega, the rest did not require a sequence and I tried to make it as ā€œnatural soundingā€ as possible.

I largely ignore timing and western music theory.

I force everyone to listen to my perception of sound and timing lmao

My biggest goal for buying and selling is to acquire a make noise shared system, that way I can work on the stuff I really like doing.

Edit: Ziv just made my whole year lmao

6 Likes

Dude! thatā€™s so cool that he commented :clap: :clap: :clap: you deserve it
I think you have some real talent man and I still imagine roaming around some open-world game with your tunes setting the tone. I donā€™t think your hearing loss is impacting your results!

3 Likes

happy to push your creativity man :slight_smile:

Oh thatā€™s super cool of him and super nice for you! As @James says you deserve it man! Really! Congrats

3 Likes