Chow - Centaur

I was afraid that might happenā€¦ @spunktsch one big reason to revert to old ways of CSS for now right here

I am on Firefox 109, in theory it would work the same but obviously it does notā€¦
We will push a fix soon

2 Likes

@funkypou Iā€™m curious, do you have your browser zoom set to something other than 100%?

2 Likes

@danmh ,
My question exactly. The font size seems to be blown up.

1 Like

seems like it, for the simple layouts its not really a problem. But might be nice to know the issue here.

the zoom doesnā€™t effect the plugins

Damn, you nailed it. I use my computer from my sofa so I have the zoom set to 120% in the preferences. Sorry, I totally forgot.
However, the issue doesnā€™t appear in other plugins.

Edit : actually, if I zoom more, some other plugins have the same kind of issue, like text being too big for the background. Not a big deal to me so thereā€™s no urge to modify the UI.

4 Likes

Nice, glad we were able to find the cause

2 Likes

Has this been fixed?

Damn, how did I miss this thread? :open_mouth:
Second thing to test tomorrow :smiley:

3 Likes

Since you missed this, I wonder if you are aware of the ODJ.

If you are not, then there is a third thing you should definitely test tomorrow :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ok; itā€™s going to be a long lunchbreak :smiley:

3 Likes

I love both of them!!

Chow-Centaur and OJD are really great!! Guauuuuu

With them, I just use now the GxAlembic as very CPU friendly Amp Sim. Also I found out, that I like it more when I increase the signal level at the start of the pedalboard (+6-9dB) and decrease it at the end (-6-9dB), so I got more plugin distorton rangeā€¦ (keeping the Input level setting at a safe zone) Even I could get some nice saturation in the GxAlembix je je. Before I was used to do the other way around, to get cleaner tones on the Supersonicā€¦

3 Likes

Kind of sad itā€™s only available in mono. Wouldnā€™t it have been better to make a separate mono variant?

1 Like

For me is better at least a mono version which is less CPU hungry. The stereo was too high, I think almost the same as running 2 mono, but you can not do the other way around with only a stereo versionā€¦

I didnā€™t say a mono version would not be useful, just too bad since the OG plugin is stereo and I tend to mostly use stereo chains.
Imo it wouldā€™ve been better to make a separate mono version.

Yes of course. Or maybe a mono switch that reduces CPU useā€¦

maybe @falkTX can chime in here.

pushing the mono version was intentional, because LV2 does not have dynamic/runtime IO change and the mono verion runs quite better vs a stereo version.

a separate plugin for stereo can be done if that is something we really want/need.

1 Like

I wouldā€™ve done this in reverse, since the upstream plugin is stereo.

But I get that the original pedal was also mono so maybe makes more sense for the typical MOD user.

the upstream plugin adjusts itself automatically to what the host asks, it can both be used in stereo or mono. for a MOD Dwarf the mono version makes more sense in my opinion

1 Like

Iā€™ve tested the Centaur and I like to put it in front of a Mutant Amp.
It ā€œfattensā€ up the sound a bit.

on cleaner amp settings, it surely brings beef to a sound and it helps in finding the balance between clean definition and dirt.

in short: I like it!

One more thing,

It has been discussed before; what about a pragmatic design style for all plugins that finds the middle ground between identity and pedalboard real estate. This style of deisns + a tiiiiny bit more ā€œidentityā€ works very well for me!

3 Likes