Audio file player

You need to download it from the plugin store but the store for now is down due to the insolvency of the company.
See it here!

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Let’s wait. I have same situation here.

2 Likes

It should be in “Utility” plugin tab.
If it is not present, you have the following options;

1. wait for cloud to be restored, it is down currently, refer to the following topic to understand the chances: MOD Insolvency and Reboot - #283 by danielrm

2. ask some dwarf owner to share plugin folder extracted via SSH and install plugin via SSH file upload to your device
    Required folder is carla-files.lv2, it contains both midi and audio file players in one bundle, as far as I know. On MOD device it is located/should be located in /root/.lv2/carla-files.lv2

3. same as 2, but that other dwarf owner shares backup of his box, and you get this lv2 plugin folder from the user.tar full backup archive.

If backup is taken from box with a lot of fresh plugins, and your dwarf is basically empty, it might make sense to just restore full backup and rewrite whole dwarf content, instead of dealing with each plugin alone via ssh.

Here is a topic where something like that is discussed:

1. Unfortunately, at this point only shared plugin archive is mine, and it is for Mod Duo X, however, there is an opinion that these plugins might work on Dwarf. You may try getting carla-files.lv2 from my archive in this thread

2. I can try building this particular plugin for you overnight (seems like I was able to do that for MDX), but you still will have to upload it via SSH anyway as well.

3. If you are hardcore IT enthusiast and have a linux somewhere near you, you can try building plugins on your own with https://github.com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder

4 Likes

Thanks.
I’m new to the fellowship. I just discovered the forum and the situation of the company.

Wait and see…

1 Like

Is it intentional / for a technical reason that one cannot bind the file selection to a device knob etc.?

not intentional, but a technical limitation.

explained in UI - User-Preset Assignment kinda fails + Improvement suggestion - #19 by falkTX

1 Like

Any plans of adding rewind to the player?