XF4 and DUO X

Hi,
has anybody success with this combination?
My attached XF4 is not recognized in the GUI (No Chain Control attached). Both have the newest fw,btw

1 Like

it should just work OOTB. i use my MOD footswitch with my Duo X all the time.

do you see solid green and flashing yellow LEDs at the CC port on the Duo X when you plug it in?
silly question, but just in case: are you certain your cable is good?

1 Like

Yes, I see solid green and flashing yellow light (not very obvious), but in the browser (down right) I see “No Chain Control devices attached”, therefore I cannot apply parameters to the foot switch.

2 Likes

huh. weird… sorry, i really don’t know what else to suggest.
diagnosing more deeply is “beyond my pay grade”! :stuck_out_tongue:

hopefully someone with more technical knowledge will chime in!..

2 Likes

Is the cable you’re using a crossover or straight-through? The color sequence of the wires should be the same on both ends for a straight-through. It’s the only guess I have at this point :laughing:

Cable (straight through) is ok, just checked, no crossover cable (nowadays pretty rare :-).
Already wrote to contact@mod.audio but no answer…

1 Like

When you try to assign the foot switch, do you see the option for Control Chain? Can you assign to “device”?

No, also no connecting in the Web-Gui…

[SOLVED] Contacting support and thanks for the answer from Gianfranco, the problem is solved by updating the fw on the XF4 manually via terminal on a Mac (OS Ventura):

https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Control_Chain_Releases

6 Likes

As an expert issues with XF4 with Duo X or Dwarf that’s what I was about to suggest you…a firmware update. I have 3 XF4 connected to my Duo X, no big issues except I have to unplug and plug the control chain and load pedalboard at each start to have the 3 XF4 working.

1 Like

The problem was, that updating the firmware of the XF4 via the WebGui did not work, btw the fw was showing on the XF4 when it boots. Mountig the XF4 to a comnputer, the old fw was still there, not the updated one. Updating the fw manually worked, regarding the hints in the wiki.

1 Like