Wolf Plugins - Wolf Shaper

Here is a cool addition to the store, a distortion plugin where you create your own waveshaping functions using a spline-based graph editor.

Plugin should be considered experimental for now, specially the GUI part.
This is the first ever plugin pushed to the store that makes use of WebAssembly and WebGL for the GUI, instead of the typical web technologies.
We are basically running the desktop GUI inside the pedalboard.
Feedback and testing is very much appreciated at this point, across a whole range of devices too.

A few notes:

• right-click the graph will add a new point
  • right-clicking a point will show a few options (like changing the line type and deleting the point)
  • for moving and focusing/zooming the GUI, click on its window-like titlebar.

Wolf-Shaper official website:

Enjoy! and let us know how your experience with the plugin goes!

17 Likes

That looks awesome!

This demo video will give oyu an idea what to expect:

10 Likes

Definitely looks awesome, but I can’t get it to really do anything. Pre and post definitely affect volume, but I can’t get any of the other controls to actually change the sound. I even tried sending AMS VCO3 thru it to get a clean sinewave and try the same things in the intro video posted here, but nothing seemed to change the sound at all. Installed on my Dwarf with latest firmware from the plugin store and using Chrome on Windows.

2 Likes

I have the same experience. Also getting the message that the GUI URL is taking control of the mouse.
I on 1.12 MDX Firefox and Mac Os Catalina.

2 Likes

Just updated the plugin in the store, still beta, but UI interaction should actually work now.

8 Likes

Tested and indeed the UI interaction works! This plugin sounds amazing!

6 Likes