What MIDI "dongle" to use with Dwarf?

I have looked through the forum and official docs, but haven’t come across any detailed instructions. Forgive me if I overlooked the obvious.

I ordered Type A dongles/adapters (1/4 trs to MIDI Din), but I can’t seem to get the dwarf to change presets.

I set it to receive on channel 15, and my MIDI controller is sending on channel 15, but nothing works.

I tried adding bank change values, too. No result.

I’ve tried changing cables (my Zoia uses the same type of dongle), and changing MIDI channels, but no luck.

My other gear all responds to PC messages from the same MIDI controller.

I have also taken all the other gear out of the MIDI chain, in case something else wasn’t passing messages or channels thru.

Any ideas?

(P.S. Very much enjoying the sounds I’ve coaxed out of the Dwarf, and am now trying to incorporate it into my board. Thanks MOD!!!)

Hi,
When your MIDI controller sends on channel 15, you might have to set the Dwarf to receive on channel 14 (counting starts on channel 0 on dwarf while usually devices start counting at 1).
Have you tried that yet?

Hi,
You can also check incoming MIDI messages with the plugin MIDI Display. It’s in the Beta section of the store, if I remember well.
Tell us exactly what you want to do and the steps you use. Switching presets doesn’t work the same as switching pedalboards or snapshots.